Chapter Twenty Three

Light shone through the window and grazed my face, it felt quite nice. The warmth that it gave off almost made up for the fact that it woke me up, almost. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, last night's fiasco really did a number on me. I felt so groggy, like I couldn't take in anything to its fullest intent. But maybe a warm drink would solve the issue.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and looked at the chair where Masky spent the night. Little string pulled at my heart that I didn't like. The serial killer stayed up all night just to make sure I wasn't scared, so I could sleep and he couldn't. It made me wonder about his morals like I had many times before. It was times like this where I really wondered what or how to feel about him. Like did he really care for me, would he kill me if he had another episode or would he feel remorse for me if he did?

I shook my head, this was too early to think about all of these things right now. I couldn't take the frenzy of thoughts that urged to break loose from the dam I had put up.

"Hey!" a voice called from the end of the hallway. I jumped up, it scared the shit out of me. It was Masky, " Breakfast is almost ready c'mon, we have a big day ahead of us," He slipped back into the kitchen to finish up.

I put my feet on the ground and gave a little stretch, walking down the halfway I could smell the breakfast being made and it honestly smelled quite good, probably because I was just hungry but whatever.

Once I entered the kitchen I plopped down in a seat and looked at what he was whipping up over there. It just looked like plain ol scrambled eggs, I couldn't complain it would give me the energy I needed. I looked on the counter and noticed the coffee pot was done making coffee so I decided to make myself useful and start on that. I grabbed two mugs from the cabinet above me and poured the coffee into them.

"Make sure you make a third cup, Hoodie will be here in a moment," Masky informed.

I grabbed another cup and poured coffee into it all as well. He didn't have any creamer but he did have sugar.

"Do you both want sugar in it?" I asked

"I don't want any, but put a little bit into Hoodie's," He answered

Once I finished them all up I set them onto the tables. With perfect timing Hoodie walked into the kitchen, "It's cold out there," was all he said before sitting down and sipping on the coffee.

"Yea we'll have to put on an extra pair or two of clothing today," Masky agreed, "But the eggs are done so grab a plate and let's hurry and eat,"

We all got our plates, loaded them with eggs and sat down. Silence encased the room until Masky finally spoke up, "Ok, so today we're gonna go search some houses for food," He looked up at me "You'll be coming with us this time, so as soon as you get done eating hurry and get ready,"

I nodded my head, "Ok," was all I said. I quickly finished the rest of my food and went back to the room where I had all of my clothes stored. He said it was chilly out so I would need to layer really well. I put on a long sleeve shirt, a thick sweater and a hoodie to top it off. For the pants I went with a pair of thicker leggings and jeans, I should have grabbed better pants for laying but I guess I wasn't thinking too well when I was packing.

I walked back into the kitchen to see Masky and Hoodie already standing beside the door ready to go.

Masky turned to me, "You ready?" I nodded my head. "Alright then let's head out,"

***

The weather was extremely cold, Hoodie didn't lie about it, even with all of the clothes I had on I was still freezing. I couldn't even feel the tips of my fingers anymore but Masky had said we were getting close so that was a little hopeful.