Chapter Twenty Four

I opened and closed each cabinet in my view, I was starting to get scared that I wouldn't find a first aid kit but thankfully right at the last cabinet there was one nestled in the corner, "Thank god," I said out loud. I shut the cabinet loudly and ran back into the living room.

As I passed the stairs that led up into the second story of the house I saw Hoodie rushing down.

"What happened?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, this man came and attacked us. He's out now but Masky has a pretty bad gash in his arm," I explained. "Come and see," I motioned him to follow me and he did.

Masky sat there sitting on the couch looking completely normal, even a little bored. I guess I had forgotten that he handled wounds much better than I did.

"You alright?" Hoodie asked.

"Yea I'm fine. He just grazed my shoulder, nothing too bad," He said boringly.

I rolled my eyes, of course he's fine, his ego is too big to not be fine.

"Let me clean the wound, so it won't get infected," I said.

"Ok,"

I grabbed the bottle of alcohol in the kit and looked at the wound. I wouldn't be able to clean it properly with his jacket on.

"Take off your jacket," I ordered

He let out an exaggerated sigh but listened, thankfully. I started cleaning it and after a couple of minutes Hoodie said that he was going to take care of the man and get some of the food as well.

Once he left silence enveloped the room, the only noise now was the rubbing of the fabric. The quietness of the room was starting to get to me, "I thought you said you were strong because he sure did a number on you," I said jokingly.

He let out a little chuckle, "I promise you I am, I was just trying to keep his attention on me and not you," He explained.

"Hmh, makes sense I guess," I paused for a moment before I started back again, "So did you like my little stunt with the rod?"

"Yea I did. Glad to know you aren't completely helpless,"

I gave off a fake scoff, "You better be nice or I'll whack you with it next,"

"I'd like you see you try,"

"Better keep an eye open while you sleep tonight," I said with a grin.

"I already planned to keep an eye on you,"

"Hmh," was all I responded with.

With every day that passed the thought that he might actually care about me strengthened. It was the things like that sentence that made me wonder. The first time I had come across him he was cold and unforgiving but now, I just wasn't sure.

Over the time I had spent with him he's become more and more friendly, more caring. He had willingly stayed up late with me so I could sleep with ease. He had been patient with me and told me it would be alright. He promised me he'd help me as much as he could.

These things... these things made me want to forget about all of the ruthless actions he had done to me and forgive him. Forgive him for ripping me out of my happy little life, the life where I didnt constantly have to worry about tomorrow and if I would still be able to keep living for another day. I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to forgive him for that.

Suddenly I was taken from my thoughts when I felt Masky gently shake my shoulder.

"If you're gonna take this long you might as well just let me do it myself," He said.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I reached out to grab the bandages but Masky grabbed my arm, "Are you alright?"

"Yea, why?"

"You just seemed dull as soon as I mentioned..." He trailed off.

I looked down at the floor, "Well, I wonder why," I said bitterly.

I went back to wrapping his arm so I could get out of this conversation as soon as possible. I thought we were done exchanging words but he spoke up once again, "You know, I never thought I'd ever be intrigued by a human,"

I froze in my place, Intrigued?

I thought for a moment, "What do you mean by that,"

He looked down at me and stared at me, "I don't know, I'll let you figure it out,"

I left out a huff of air, "Ok, well, your arm is all fixed up now."

"Good good, now let's go find Hoodie," He got up from the coach and stopped at the doorway. Taking a glance over his shoulder he asked "Are you coming?"

"Yea, I'm coming" I mumbled. I got up and followed him to the kitchen where Hoodie was stuffing the bag we brought with us with cans and other types of food. I also noticed the trail of smeared blood on the floor that led to what seemed like the basement.

"What did you do to him?" I asked.

"Oh Jeff? I just tied him up in the basement," Hoodie said rather lightly.

I just nodded my head, I forget how stuff like this they don't even bat an eye at.

Hoodie announced that the bag was full and couldn't fit anything else.

Masky took the reins, "Alright then, let's head back to the house."

I took one last glance in the pantry and took a remaining candy bar that had been left behind, nothing that chocolate can't fix, I told myself.

I caught up with Masky and Hoodie and got at a steady pace right behind them.

The walk back home was quiet, I could sense that they were both tired of today's events, and honestly so was I. I looked up to see if I could see anything ahead of us and I did. Relief filled my veins as I saw the house appear into my view. Even though it was still a good walk away I was glad that we were at least close to it.

"Thank god," I heard Masky mumble to himself. I let out a little chuckle at his words. It was good to know he was tired as well and not just me.

Soon enough we reached the door steps of the house. I let out a little sigh of relief, my blanket is calling my name, I can hear it now. Me and Masky went and sat on the couch in the living room while Hoodie went to his room down the hall. I grabbed my blanket and threw it over me, I was still a little cold from being outside.

Today's events definitely did a number on me because right as I rested my head down on the arm of the coach I felt my eyes become heavy. And just like that I fell into a deep sleep.

✧Hidden Crystals ✧जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें