k. mbappé

it was silent – too silent. that was the first thing kylian noticed once he stepped into your shared apartment. it was an unusual situation, because whenever your boyfriend had won a game that you couldn't attend – for whatever reason – you had always waited until he appeared to shower him with love and affection. though, now that that wasn't the case, a frown settled on the footballer's face.

kicking off his sneakers, bag and jacket, kylian made his way further into the flat, taking a look in the bathroom and bedroom only to find them vacant of your presence. once he reached the living room, his eyes immediately found you.

at the sight of his lover, the previous frown faded and was replaced by a much softer look on his face. you were curled up in the corner of the couch, still wearing one of kylian's psg jerseys, which brought a smile to his lips. as he tiptoed over towards you, he got a better look at your face, though, what he saw immediately made him forget about his victory. concern twisted his facial features as he took everything in.

your face was unnaturally pale and sweat coated your forehead. a frown adorned your features as your body slightly shook, even though the temperature of the apartment was nowhere near the state, which should have let you freeze.

guilt immediately flooded his mind as kylian remembered the conversation he had with you only minutes before he had left this afternoon. you had told him that you weren't feeling very well, though, reassured him a million times that it was nothing that a few hours of resting couldn't solve. looking back at it now, he was so stupid for just letting it slide like that. however, deep down kylian also knew that he couldn't just let his teammates down like that. although, it sounded cocky it was true that psg probably wouldn't have won today, if it wasn't for his commitment.

as silent as humanly possible he walked over towards you and wrapped his arms around you, lifting your body with ease as he carried you over to your shared bedroom. although, kylian made sure to be extra cautious and avoid any movement that would cause too much noise you still woke up from your short slumber.

"kylian?" you mumbled weakly, grasping the soft material of your boyfriend's shirt.

"why didn't you tell me you were feeling sick, mon amour?" he answered just as quietly, in fear of causing you more pain by speaking too loudly.

"because you wouldn't have went and then they wouldn't have won."

"but—"

before kylian had the chance to protest, you cut him off. "no buts, love", you nuzzled your head into the crook of his neck and absorbed his warmth. "congrats on the win. you were amazing."

despite the worry that clouded his senses, kylian couldn't stop the smile that was forming on his lips because of your praising.

"merci beaucoup, étoile." he whispered and left a feathery kiss on the top of your head.

walking through the already opened door, which led to your bedroom, kylian lowered you onto the mattress. now that you were laying in front of him, you finally opened your eyes and gazed into his hazel ones. he lifted his hand and caressed your cheek as his face visibly softened.

"let me take care of you now, please."

it almost sounded like he was begging you, which brought a light blush onto your cheeks. you bit down on your bottom lip as you started nodding, the tenderness with which he had talked to you let butterflies erupt in your stomach.

with one last glance, kylian reassured himself that you were laying in a comfortable position before he turned around and rushed over to the closet. a few moments later he came back and sat down on the edge of the bed, holding some articles of clothing in his hands.

"can you sit up for me, amour?" he asked and helped you once you followed his request.

while kylian was occupied with removing your clothes and putting your pajamas on, you kept your eyes on his face the whole time. it was adorable seeing him like this – a side of him that was only ever revealed, whenever he was around you, his family or his closest friends.

"merci", you whispered.

"de rien", he sent you a smile, "do you need anything else?"

you shook your head and mirrored his expression. "the only thing i need is sleep with you next to me."

"will be right there", kylian chuckled and rushed to get ready for bed.

feeling the mattress dip behind you, you turned around and snuggled into your boyfriend's chest. after the two of you exchanged your 'good nights' and kylian had kissed the top your head you let yourself indulge in the silence and warmth his body radiated before you finally fell into a deep slumber.