rodrygo

you closed your eyes, tilting your head upwards to let the sun shine onto your face. a quiet hum passed your lips at the warm feeling on your skin. after weeks of rain and clouds this was exactly, what you had needed. madrid was finally waking up from its winter slumber and the last few days had been exactly how you would have imagined them. although, the temperatures were still on the lower side – hence why you were wrapped up in a blanket – you didn't want to complain about it. of course, you also liked the winter and everything that came with it, yet if you had to choose you would have always gone for spring. watching the flowers blossom and feeling the soft touches of the sun on your skin just brought a sense of comfort to you.

as you opened your eyes again you took in the familiar sight in front of you. your boyfriend's house was truly beautiful and the backyard only added to it. you had opted to lay on one of the loungers by the house – your favorite place to relax for a few hours. since rodrygo had been gone for the last two days because of a game you had to enjoy the weekend on your own. you kept yourself busy with some tasks around the house while also taking in as much sunshine as possible.

with all of your chores pretty much done you were left to enjoy the afternoon, reading out in the sun. it was something you had always loved doing, whenever your boyfriend was occupied or away with the team and you had some free time. as your eyes shifted back onto the words written on white paper you immersed right back into the story.

you didn't know how long you had been sitting here – only getting up when you had to use the toilet or to refill your water bottle – until the sound of the glass door sliding open tore your thoughts away from the story in your hands. closing your book, you looked over your shoulder to meet rodrygo's gaze. you had completely forgotten to check the time while you sped through the chapters, eager to find out what was happening next.

"i knew i'd find you here", the brazilian told you, slowly making his way over towards the lounger you were currently laying on.

you could feel your cheeks heating up at his words as a small smile lightened your features. "sorry, i completely forgot to check the time." you apologized, though, rodrygo immediately waved you off, telling you it didn't matter.

"congrats on the win by the way. you were amazing."

now it was your boyfriend's turn to send you a small smile, appreciating your praising. "thank you, amor."

you watched him bridge the small distance between you with two long strides. before you had the chance to slide over and make some space for him he had already flopped down on top of you. instead of protesting and pushing him off you welcomed the proximity, which you had missed over the past weekend. rodrygo nuzzled his head in the crook of your head, wrapping an arm around you while his other hand played with the hem of your blanket. 

a frown formed onto your face at his unusual silence. normally, your boyfriend immediately started talking about the game and everything that had happened while he was away, though now that he kept silent you wondered, if something was bothering him.

"how's everything been?" you asked, trying to get him to talk about the past few days. 

"it's been good. the game went exactly how we had expected", he told you. "but i'm tired. can we not talk about it now?" his voice was muffled by your pullover, yet you could still hear the tiredness that swung in it. 

casting your eyes downwards, you let your gaze linger on his face. his eyes were closed as dark shadows framed them. a pout rose onto your face as you took in his clearly exhausted features. you wrapped an arm around his back, trying to pull him even closer to you.

"i can tell you about my weekend, if you want me to." you suggested, which he returned with a quiet hum. 

as you started talking about everything that you had done and how excited you had been about the good weather you ran your hand through his hair. at first rodrygo had reacted to the things you said, though as the minutes passed his respones grew shorter. you noticed his breathing had become more regular, letting you know that he was slowly drifting off to sleep. your voice was barely above a whisper once you finished your story. with one last look you reassured yourself that he was fully asleep before you planted a kiss onto his temple and enjoyed the warmth of the sun and the feeling of your boyfriend resting on top of you.