j. musiala

thick, white snowflakes twirled through the air and buried the streets and houses of munich underneath their weight. a snowstorm had hit the city over night and left a huge chaos behind. most people were staying at home, tugged away from the storm happening outside, and only a few brave – or maybe unfortunate – ones were walking down the snowy sidewalks.

from your spot on the windowsill, wrapped up in a blanket, you watched the hustle on the street unfold. you had always loved the winter, even preferring it to summer – unlike your boyfriend, who couldn't share your fascination for the season. it was just something about the cold that you adored so much. being able to wear a hoodie – or steal one of jamal's – every day, drinking tea and wrapping yourself up in a blanket while reading was something you loved dearly.

your eyes lifted from the book in your hands and wandered down to the street in front of the apartment complex jamal and you were living in. although, the snowplow had somewhat freed it from the snow masses awhile ago the effort was barely visible now. a smile tugged at your lips as you watched a man and his dog trying to make their way through the snow. while the latter was happily jumping around, wiggling its tail, the owner didn't seem too happy about the situation – if the permanent scowl on his face was an indicator therefore.

thankfully, you and jamal didn't have to leave the apartment today. while you had still been cuddled up in your bed your boyfriend had silently started getting ready for the day. though, once his phone rang, announcing the postponement of the game due to the weather he had crawled back under the comforter.

he was still fast asleep when you woke up about two hours ago and read about the news. you pecked his cheek and tiptoed out of your bedroom, giving him the much needed time to rest.

while you had decided to busy yourself with eating breakfast and doing some chores around the flat, you soon found yourself gravitating back to your windowsill. a good book and a cup of tea awaiting you.

you didn't know how much time had passed once the sound of footsteps caught your attention. looking over your shoulder, you watched as jamal slowly made his way towards you, two steaming mugs in his hands. the smell of coffee and tea wavered through the air as you put your empty cup and book down and sent him a smile. 

"i thought you could need a refill", your boyfriend told you and passed one of the drinks to you. the smell of your favorite tea immediately wrapped around you. 

"thank you." 

jamal mirrored your smile as he bent down and connected your lips in a short kiss. "mornin', baby", he mumbled.

"good morning." you grinned before your lips met once again.

"are there any news about the game yet?", you asked as you slid over and made some space for him to sit down.

while the windowsill was big enough for you to sit down comfortably on your own, it would get a lot tighter whenever jamal squeezed in next to you. yet, you always made it work somehow, loving the close proximity it gave you.

"nope, i haven't heard anything yet", he shook his head and took a seat next to you.

you nodded your head, taking in this newfound information as you took a small sip of your tea. "i'm sure they'll tell you the new date in a few days." you told jamal, scooting closer to him to throw your blanket over his legs. in return, he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into his side. 

"yeah, probably", your boyfriend mumbled into your ear before he pressed a kiss onto your temple.