richarlison

you rolled onto your back, looking over to your boyfriend, who was peacefully sleeping beside you. oh, how you wished that that's you, but unfortunately your body decided to not let you sleep tonight. your period had started this morning, which had already left you in a rather grumpy mood, though, throughout the day you didn't really feel anything. however, that had changed the moment you and your boyfriend, richarlison, had found your way back into bed after a long and stressful day.

unlike you he had immediately drifted off to sleep once he had kissed you goodnight and his head had hit the pillow. you on the other hand were relentlessly rolling around on your side of the bed, trying to find a position that would relieve the pain. however, nothing really seemed to work.

a sigh scraped your lips as your eyes wandered over the silhouette of your boyfriend. the moonlight that streamed through the crack between your curtains illuminated his exposed back and gave you a good glimpse at the all too familiar tattoos. while his head was turned the other way, making it unable for you to see his face, his right hand was lightly gripping your shirt. it was something you had noticed him doing early in your relationship and thought was adorable. it was almost like he wanted to make sure you were alright and by his side throughout the whole night. carefully, you loosened his grip and put his hand down on the mattress. although, you didn't really want to leave the bed you knew you had to take some painkillers, if you wanted to get at least some hours of sleep tonight.

once your feet hit the cold floor, goosebumps rose onto your skin as pain shot down your thighs. you tiptoed over to the bathroom, which was connected to your bedroom, trying to be as silent as humanly possible in order to not wake richarlison up. closing the door behind you, you turned the light on and started digging through the drawers to find the package of painkillers. you knew they were somewhere in this bathroom, but you weren't sure where, because you hadn't taken them in quite some time.

"amor?" richarlison's voice cut through the silence and startled you.

you hadn't realized he had came into the bathroom, too occupied with trying to find your pills.

"what are you doing?" he asked you, rubbing a hand over his face as he leant against the doorframe.

"i can't find the painkillers", you sighed, frustrated that you couldn't even do something so simple.

your boyfriend's expression softened at that. "why didn't you wake me? i could have helped you", he told you softly, stepping forward and diminishing the space between the two of you. "you're cramping, aren't you?"

a blush rose onto your cheeks as you nodded, averting your eyes to the ground. you were embarrassed to feel this way all of a sudden, even though it was something so normal. richarlison immediately picked up on your change in behavior and lifted his hands to cup your cheeks, making you look up into his eyes. 

"hey, it's alright, meu amor. i'm here now, okay? i'll help you find them."

"thank you", you mumbled and sent him a weak smile. he mirrored the expression before he pressed a short kiss onto your lips. "alright, let's find these painkillers." 

while your boyfriend searched through the drawers you sat down onto the closed toilet lid, crossing your arms over your belly to offer some warmth to your abdomen. a comfortable silence enveloped you and you couldn't help but admire the man in front of you. you truly appreciated the love and care he showed you on a daily basis, but especially on the days you didn't feel good. richarlison was always there to help and guide you through these moments, showering you with affectionate words and gestures. the two of you had already passed the point of grossness and knew you could always fall back into the arms of the other, when you needed them. 

"got 'em." richarlison's voice cut through your train of thoughts as your eyes landed on the familiar package in his hand. 

standing up, you made your way over to him and kissed him. "thanks, rich." you mumbled against his lips and felt the smile that stretched onto his mouth. "come on, let's go back to bed", he mumbled and tapped your butt. you nodded your head, watching as he left the bathroom while you – finally – took a painkiller. following after him, you turned the light off and trudged over to your bed, where your boyfriend was already waiting for you. 

"c'mere", he whispered once you were underneath the blanket and opened his arms. you scooted over to him, welcoming the warmth his body radiated as you pressed yourself against him.

"i love you." you pressed a kiss to his neck before you rested your head there. 

"i love you, too."

as richarlison ran his hand up and down your back you closed your eyes and let yourself fall into his presence. your muscles that had been tense for the past few hours were finally relaxing beneath his soothing touches as you slowly drifted off to sleep.