vini jr.

you stirred in your sheets, unable to fall asleep and get your well needed rest. although, it was already well past midnight you somehow couldn't calm yourself enough to drift off to sleep.

looking over your shoulder you were faced by your boyfriend's naked back. the only indicator that he indeed was able to fall asleep, was the regular rising and falling of his body. the blanket he had cuddled into previously was only covering the lower part of his body and gave you a good peak at the boxers he was wearing.

you knew it was useless to try and close your eyes again if the outcome of it was you twisting and turning for another few hours. with that in mind you let out a breath of annoyance and pushed back your own blanket. however, what you had underestimated was the coldness that immediately crawled up your body and left goosebumps on its way.

before you would change your mind again and crawl back into bed, you tiptoed over to your bedroom door and opened it, silently slipping into the hallway.

once you reached the living room you turned on the small lamp that stood next to your couch. picking up the book you had started reading last night, you sat down and wrapped yourself up in a fuzzy blanket. thankfully, it wasn't a regular occurrence that you couldn't find the necessary rest at night, but whenever it still happened you had picked up this small habit. a book had somehow always managed to calm you to the point, where your mind finally stopped racing and you could fall asleep after some time.

you didn't know how long you had been sitting there, absorbing the words written on white paper, until a voice startled you and brought you back to reality.

"baby?", vini mumbled, his voice thick with sleep.

you teared your eyes away from the words in front of you and focused them on your boyfriend that stood in the entrance way of your living room. trudging over towards you, you could finally see him more clearly. the light of the lamp illuminated his face and gave you a good glimpse at his droopy eyes, which he could barely keep open, and his puffy cheeks.

"why aren't you sleeping? is everything okay?" your boyfriend asked as he sat down on the edge of your couch.

"sorry, i didn't mean to wake you. i just couldn't sleep." you enlightened him, closing your book to completely focus on the brazilian in front of you.

"i don't care about that", he easily waved your apology off, "but why didn't you just wake me right away?"

"you were fast asleep. i didn't think you'd wake up anyway", you shrugged, fidgeting with the hem of the blanket.

"you wanna go back to bed or should we watch a movie?" knowing you already felt guilty for waking him, vini changed the topic and could tell by the look you were spotting that you very much appreciated it.

"movie, please." you mumbled as your cheeks flashed red with embarrassment. "of course." your boyfriend smiled and grabbed the remote for the tv. sitting down in the opposite corner of the couch, he looked over to you.

"come here."

not having to tell you twice, you crawled over towards him. once you were close enough, vini pulled you in between his legs as you rested your head on his chest and wrapped the two of you into the blanket. without asking you, what movie you wanted to watch, the brazilian turned on your favorite. you couldn't stop the smile that was grazing your lips at that and lifted yourself up to press a short kiss onto his lips.

"i love you", you whispered against his mouth.

"i love you, too." connecting your lips once again, you laid back down onto his chest to watch the movie. as the plot was progressing, your eyelids grew heavier and it became a lot harder to focus on the things that were happening. closing your eyes, you finally welcomed the darkness and the well needed rest that came with it.