A New Beginning...Again

(A/N: This chapter deals with some rather heavy topics. I in no way intend to make these issues seem like anything they aren't or poke fun at those struggling with these issues. Nonetheless, some may find it difficult to read, and if so, maybe this book isn't for you. If you're fine with this, then do please give it a bash. If it's good, stick about.)

Ainz Ooal Gown sat atop his throne in the great tomb of nazarick. He had just sent narberal, disguised as nabe to the Baharuth Empire, a country that contained an incredible bank that was run by goblins and is said to be impenetrable This so-called impenetrable bank was known as Gringott's. Narberal was to deposit a large sum of money, several artifacts, all the rings from Ainz's fingers and his great staff, though it was now an ornament, into gringotts and stake out the building for anyone suspicious after sending the key to Ainz who used spacial magic to store it.

The reason for this is that Nazarick, or rather momon and nabe, had recently gotten trouble from a persistent and obviously skilled thief. He or she had already stolen the tomb's staff's orbs. The staff is a weapon on par with world level items, and the orbs are what give it power. This was an attempt to lure out the brazen thief and deliver his or her just punishment.

After all, they were clearly interested in showing off their skills by targeting the two most powerful adventurers. Plus, what could be more enticing than your latest prey running around frantically trying to secure their valuables? At least, that's how it would seem, according to demiurge's plan. Although drmiurge may or may not believe it was Ainz's plan.

Ainz sighed. It felt so long since he came to this new world, but it also feels like yesterday. Everything happened so fast. He hadn't had any time to reflect on his actions and all the events up until now.

His head dropped as he sighed, the red in his eyes fading, indicating that his eyes were essentially closed. However, when he opened his eyes, he was face down on a wooden floor. A floor he did not recognize. Lifting his head, his hair fell over his eyes. It was long and white but also greasy and dishevelled.

Confused, Ainz stood up to realise that he was in a small human boy's body. A stark contrast to his own 7ft tall skeletal avatar that he had gotten used to. Checking his surroundings, he saw what looked like an ordinary bedroom that was a little messy. It took a moment to realise that this bedroom looked much more modern than anything he had seen in the new world.

The bed, the wardrobe, and even the walls looked more modern. Although the wallpaper was peeling and there was an oddly fist sized hole in one. Looking down at his new body, he saw pale skin dressed in a baggy shirt and pyjama bottoms. His attention now pointed downwards, Ainz saw three strange things.

The first was a bottle of pills that had spilt over, but the bottle seemed to contain multiple different pills that had been mixed together.

Next was a small pool of blood. It wasn't so big that it looked like someone had been stabbed, but it was definitely more than just a bloody nose. At this point, Ainz noticed blood dripping from his mouth and immediately gained a grasp on the situation.

Finally, soaked in blood was a letter that Ainz picked up and tried to read. It was in English, a language that Ainz spoke fairly well from his first life, being Japanese, but could only just barely read.

(A/N: I am not now nor have I ever been suicidal. I have never written a suicide note, but I have researched what might be too much and what is too little. If it's shit, please don't be angry with me.)

The note read as follows:

Dear mum

This isn't your fault. I have been feeling like absolutely dirt for a while. A long while. I've been getting a lot of shit at school, mostly for how I look. It's not like I can really help that. They also like to talk about how dad isn't here anymore. Though sometimes they go further than just talking. I tried to hide my bruises, you only noticed them a few times and I just told you that I fell or something.