Broomsticks and Slytherin Characteristics

The next morning, Kenny was lamenting on last night. It wasn't how he wanted things to go but also wasn't exactly what he'd call a waste of time.

He had found out about Dumbledore's guard dog, filch. As well as that three headed beast in the third floor corridor.

Not to mention, the subtly placed trapdoor under its foot.

Unfortunately he had no idea what was so special about Harry Potter that he was able to defeat the dark lord during his infancy.

"Mail's here."

Kenny along with all the students almost simultaneously looked up at the droves of owls arriving. He recieved a letter from his mum by one of the schools owls as he didn't buy one before going to school.

As the owl delivered the letter and went to leave, Kenny and the rest of the students had their collective attention stolen by a flock of six owls carrying a long, thin parcel and flying towards the gryffindor table.

They dropped the package in front of Potter who also got a note from one of the half a dozen owls.

His face lit up as he read it and picked up the parcel as he and Weasley went to leave the hall.

Though they wouldn't be able to go a full day without Draco saying anything.

Kenny followed Draco as he too was curious about the Parcel.

As Potter and Weaslet were leaving, Draco had Crabbe and Goyle block the way and snatched the parcel from Potter's hands. Though neither Potter nor Weasley seemed terribly angry at this and continued smiling as Draco examined the still wrapped gift before throwing it back to Potter

"That's a broomstick. You'll be for it this time, Potter. First years aren't allowed them."

Weasley smirked at him.

"It's not any old broomstick, it's a Nimbus two thousand. What did you say you had, Malfoy? A Comet two sixty? Comets look flashy but their not I the same league as the Nimbus."

Draco grew a jelous look and lashed our a weasley.

"What would you know about it, Weasley? You couldn't afford half the handle!"

At this point, professor Flitwick showed up at Draco's elbow.

"Not arguing, I hope, boys?"

Draco spoke before anyone else could in the hopes of getting Potter in trouble.

"Potter's got a broomstick, professor."

"Yes, yes. That's right. Professor Mcgonagall told me all about the special circumstances Potter and uh, what model is it?"

"A Nimbus two thousand, sir."

Potter was clearly trying not to laugh as was Weasley and, if he was honest, Kenny. Draco always had some scheme to get Potter into trouble. Kenny was rather relieved that they never worked out.

Harry seemed to notice Kenny holding his own laughter which seemed to bolster him a touch. As if it felt good to know that there was at least one slytherin who didn't take himself so seriously.

It would be hard to learn more about the hero who stopped the dark lord if he was kicked out.

"And its really thanks to Malfoy here, I've got it."

Potter and Weasley walked to gryffindor tower laughing boisterously while Draco watched, absolutely seething.

Kenny, still smiling, put a hand on his shoulder.

"Forget it, come on. Let's finish breakfast."

Kenny walked back to the table with Draco and arrived to find Daphne talking with other slytherin girls.