Dogs and Night Walks

(Not back yet but was just writing to pass time and ended up finishing a chapter. Anyway to make up for the lack of chapters, here's a long one. I know, I'm too kind.)

"Hello, Neville."

Longbottom was looking better. The colour was back in his face and he wasn't throwing up which was a good sign.

"Uh...hello, Kenny."

He seemed reluctant to talk with Kenny. Perhaps because he's a slytherin or maybe because Neville isn't particularly fond of strangers or confrontation.

"What was that item that you received at breakfast?"

Neville froze, now realising that he didn't have it.

"Uhm...uh..."

"Potter has it, you dropped it when you fell."

"Oh uh right. Thanks for that by the way."

"It was no trouble. Regardless, about my question?"

"I-its a remembrall. If you squeeze it, smoke will appear which will turn red if you've forgotten something."

'So it's just a gimmick item. Most people will have forgotten something so it'll probably always turn red.'

Regardless of the items uselessness, the collector in Kenny told him to get his hands on it anyway.

"In exchange for helping you today, would you mind if I took it off your hands?"

Neville hesitated but after much stammering and stuttering, he agreed.

Reaching the great hall, Kenny arrived to sit next to Daphne and Draco, the latter was watching the gryffindor table, seemingly miffed at the smile on Potter's face. Clearly he hadn't been punished like Draco wanted.

Daphne smirked at him.

"What did Mcgonagall want with little ol' you~?"

Draco spoke before Kenny could answer.

"And more importantly, what happened to Potter?"

Not wanting to get involved with Draco's one-sided rivalry, Kenny pleaded ignorance.

"No idea, she asked me to wait outside. Mcgonagall took me to the Dumbledore. He heard about me saving Neville."

Draco huffed.

"Why are you so obsessed with the poor boy, Draco?"

Daphne spoke in a fake pitying tone for Harry.

"I am not!"

Kenny eyed him disbelief.

"Why is he so famous in the first place? He doesn't seen that remarkable."

Draco and Daphne, as well as Crabbe and Goyle looked at Kenny like he was an idiot.

"Everyone knows that!"

"Apart from me so please tell me."

Daphne seemed to elect herself to tell him.

"He defeated the dark lord."

Kenny just looked at her, waiting for her to tell the truth. Potter just learned magic existed at the age of eleven. There is zero chance of Potter being powerful or skilled enough to defeat someone called the 'dark lord' before learning magic.

"Well now I know you're just messing with me."

Draco chuckled.

"It's true. When he was a baby, the dark lord attacked his home and killed his parents. But when he tried to kill Harry, something went wrong and he was the one who was killed."