No Peace For The Wicked

Entering the train, kenny quickly found an empty compartment and took advantage by immediately changing into his uniform via magic. He put his luggage on the overhead storage.

Normally, he would have used his dimensional storage but his mother would have questioned why he didn't have any bags packed.

'It'll be a good few hours until the train arrives at hogwarts.'

He let out a deep sigh. There was so much on his mind.

'Finally, some time to gather my thoughts.'

He brought his hood up over his eyes, laid across the bench and began his train of thought.

Only ten minutes later, the door would open and in stepped a young girl wearing black and blue robes. She seemed to be from an Asian country, China if Kenny had to guess.

"Sorry, I didn't realise someone was in here. Were you trying to sleep?"

"No, just thinking."

"Thinking about what? Nervous for the sorting?"

"No, I just have a lot on my mind."

"So I see. Anyway, I won't bother you further."

"Good."

With that, the still unnamed girl left, leaving kenny with his thoughts once more.

'I still have so much to figure out. Why is the recorded history different from what I know? Why did magic become obscure? What happened to my guardians? Did they end up like me?'

As these thoughts raced through his brain, the door once again opened. On the other side was a young boy who seemed very nervous and embarrassed.

He was slightly chubby and had curly, brown hair and matching brown eyes. Not particularly tall nor short and largely forgettable.

"E-Excuse me, uh uh, I'm l-looking for m-my toad, t-trevor. H-have you seen him?"

"Afraid not, try somewhere else."

The boy left with a down trodden face. It seemed a lot of people had given a similar answer and many may not have been as polite as he had.

'Damn, is it so much to ask for some peace and quiet? He wasn't rude or anything but I need time to think.'

Kenny suddenly felt a jolt as the train began to move.

Regaining his mind, kenny thought about the cults that his book mentioned.

'Do they have anything to do with the guardians? Right now the only way for me to get answers is to find Nazarick. But that doesn't seem likely to happen soon.'

Kenny felt his stomach rumble. After his initial euphoria at being able to eat again, kenny quickly realised how annoying it was to remember to eat after not having to for so long.

Almost by magic, the witch that carted the snack trolley up the aisle had gone by. A fact he only noticed because when the boy left to look for his missing pet, he left the door open.

"Excuse me miss, could I see what you've got?"

"Sorry dear, someone just bought everything off the trolley."

"Everything?"

"Sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

'Who the hell bought everything!? Inconsiderate!'

He slumped onto the couch, letting out a deep sigh.

'Guess I could just read to pass the time.'

He opened his inventory and withdrew a book. It was his potions textbook. Back when he was Ainz, he was incredibly powerful but couldn't make his red healing potions which were more efficient than the modern blue potions.