Getting A Letter

"Hey kenny, did you bring us our money today? Or did you 'forget' again?"

'Who are these stooges?'

"Who are you again?"

The boys seemed to be getting increasingly annoyed and tried to grab Ainz's jacket.

"Who told you, you could touch me?"

The boy was about to punch him but froze. When they looked at Ainz, they could no longer see a helpless small child but a monster. He seemed to tower over them despite being about the same height. His rage could be felt by all present.

"I think I get it now. You are the animals that drove that poor boy to such desperate measures."

Little did anyone know, this entire interaction was being watched by a girl with brown, bushy hair and charcoal eyes.

The girl had been reading a strange book that no one had ever heard of before when she saw the boy she had a slight crush on just wandering the playground deep in thought. She wanted to say something to him as soon she probably wouldn't see him again.

After all she was going to a very peculiar school that taught equally strange subjects and she doubted she would see him there.

Having worked up the courage, this girl was about to walk up to him when a group of boys seemed to surround him. A group she had seen bothering him before even though she tried to avoid them like the plague.

She so desperately wanted to help, but what could she do? The teachers at this school never did anything about bullying and she wasn't some action movie star so there was precious little to be done.

Deciding that intervening was wot it even if she got hurt, she started to walk over to the group when she suddenly felt an immense pressure that nearly made her legs give out.

Looking around her eyes landed on the object of her crush to see him absolutely livid and looking much more intimidating than she had ever seen.

One of the boys seemed to snap out of whatever this horrid feeling was and went to punch kenny. Only when it landed, kenny did not recoil in pain. In fact he didn't move at all.

'If my magic still works then... am I still level 100? If so then I could cause a lot of trouble for myself. Besides these are just kids, I'm an adult, I shouldn't hurt them even if they deserve it.'

Swatting the the violent boy's hand away, Ainz decided to try and intimidate the boys instead of getting into a fight.

"I've lost interest in this farce, just go away while I'm asking nicely."

The boys seemed to want nothing more but nevertheless tried to maintain their dignity.

"Come on man, this loser isn't worth it."

With that the morons left Ainz to his thoughts once more. He sat against the wall, too deep in his own mind to notice a young girl walk up to him, sit down beside him and poke him.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me!"

Looking up Ainz saw the girl and internally sighed, once again he was interrupted while trying to gather his thoughts.

"Are you alright? I saw those idiots bothering you again."

"I'm fine, they're just a nuisance. Nothing more."

"You probably don't know me, I'm hermione Granger."

"I'm Ain-I mean Kenny, Kenny Winters."

Hermione gave him a strange look making Ainz somewhat desperate to change the subject.

"What are you reading?"

He motioned to the book tucked under her arm. It was now Hermione's turn to stutter.

"J-Just a b-book hehe."

Before Ainz could reply, the bell rang signalling the end of break, much to Hermione's relief.

"S-See you later kenny."

With that she stood and scurried away to class followed shortly after by Ainz

'Ugh, the thought of going back to that class is an actual nightmare.'

After another dreadful class, lunch and more hateful lectures. Kenny finally got home. Of course after getting lost several times. Funnily enough he didn't see that Hermione girl again.

Opening the door, he was greeted by a pitch black house.

'Huh...is she at work?'

He walked to the living room and when he turned on the lights, he saw a small cake on the table decorated with the words 'Happy Birthday!' In icing with two candles that showed he was 11 years old, a row of bunting that said the same and finally Kenny's mom popping a streamer.

"Happy Birthday, Love!"

She run up and hugged him, kissing him on the head before pulling way and giving him a wrapped present.

Ainz hesitated before taking the gift and carefully unwrapping it.

"Before your father left, he said, give it to you on your eleventh birthday and in time you'll know what to do. Super cryptic, I know."

She sighed sadly.

"But he was always like that. Keeping us in the dark."

Ainz listened carefully as he unwrapped the gift. Only to find a key. It seemed familiar but he couldn't figure out in what way.

The key was golden with a jewel in the centre and, at the back, was a golden pattern in the shape of a flower of sorts.

As Ainz inspected the golden key, there was the sound of the letter box opening an closing. Kenny's mom turned to the door.

"I'll be back in a minute, sweetie."

She kissed his head once more before walking to the door.

Ainz was racking his brain examining the key when Kenny's mom came back holding a strange letter.

"Uhm, kenny? This is addressed to you."

"Hmm, what is it?"

"Not sure. Here, open it."

She handed him a letter. On the letter was a strange symbol he did not recognize with the same symbol on the wax seal.

He opened and read the letter.

And immediately decided it was a stupid joke.

The contents of the letter was to invite him to a magic school. The letter detailed all the things he would need and instructions on how to get them.

'I know magic exists in this world but why would it be so secretive? This is probably a scam. Also what kind of name is 'hogwarts'.'

"What is it?"

"It's an acceptance letter to a school that supposedly practices magic."

She laughed slightly.

"What?"

Ainz handed over the letter. She took it and read it carefully.

"Is this a joke?"

She sighed and ruffled the boy's hair.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie, I'll take care of it. Let's just enjoy the rest of the day."

Later on after Mrs. Winters sent kenny to bed, she wrote back to whoever sent the letter, while Ainz tried to make sense of things.

'If that magic school is real, then is this my original world? Or is this an entirely different world altogether? I was able to find out that the year is 1991 at least. Did magic exist in my original world but just kept secret? So many questions.'

'I guess I'm no longer Ainz Ooal Gown. I'm now kenny Winters. I guess I'm happy to have a human body again, even if it is a kid's. At least I can eat and sleep, since I'm no longer undead.'

'I probably won't figure anything out by agonising over it now. I should just get some sleep.'

With that he rolled onto his side and let his body drift into a long overdue sleep.