Halloween

Two months had gone by since Kenny first arrived at Hogwarts. In that time he had been mostly in the library, trying to learn all he could about Nazarick and its denizens.

He learned from the book he bought at diagon alley, 'the rise and fall of Ainz Ooal Gown', that there was indeed record of him and the guardians.

But there was no information on what happened to the guardians after "Ainz dies fighting Momon."

In the mean time, he did learn much about magic from both his classes and the library. This would come in handy as soon the teachers were much more comfortable with practical lessons.

In fact, when Halloween day rolled around, something Kenny, who lived in Japan before being transported to a magical version of the middle ages, never experienced as it was a western holiday, professor Flitwick in charms told the class that they would be making objects fly.

This was exciting to practically everyone, though Kenny could already do this.

The students took their seats and paired up for the class. Draco and Daphne got paired together as did Crabbe and Goyle while Kenny got paired with Potter.

He did notice that Hermione got paired with Weasley. That was bound to end in disaster as it was no secret that those two didn't get on.

Nevertheless, the teacher stood on a stack of books and talked loudly at the class.

"Remember the wrist movement we've been practising: swish and flick! Also don't forget proper pronunciation. Remember wizard Baruffio who said F instead of S and wound up with a buffalo on his chest!"

Before Kenny could properly analyse that preposterous statement, the class began to bellow out in a disorganised chorus.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

No one made the feather they been given fly on the first try.

Kenny was trying not to stand out so he was purposefully failing at the wrist movement as he and Potter took turns at performing the spell.

He would wait until someone else had done and do it second.

This was taking quite a while and he was getting slightly bored.

He remained patient though and kept an eye out for anyone being able to successfully make their feather fly until his eyes wondered to Hermione and Weasley.

The ginger lad was bellowing loudly and waving his arms like a wind mill until Hermione interjected.

"Stop, Stop! You're going to take someone's eye out, besides you're saying it wrong. It's 'leviosa' not 'leviosar'. Make the 'ahh' nice and long.

Even Kenny could admit that she could be bossy at times and this was one of those times. She could really stand to be a more polite.

"You do it then! If you're so clever, go on."

Hermione straightened her back and turned her nose up at him before withdrawing her wand and perfectly flicking her wrist and confidently casting the spell in tandem.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

The feather began to rise from the desk as Hermione controlled its travel by pointing the wand.

She smiled snootily at Ron and Kenny took that as his cue to make his own feather fly and did so after Potter gave it one last go.

"Haha! Everyone see here, miss Granger and mister Winters have done it!"

The pair turned to see that Seamus finnigan, a rather...volatile boy had blown up the feather. His fringe stood on end and his face was covered in soot.