Serised

Kenny hadn't yet sat at a table and was instead browsing amidst the admittedly impressive library.

He looked around to see if anyone was watching. The librarian was being distracted by a ravenclaw student playing grammar police in a book about summoning.

'Invisibility'

In an instant, Kenny had disappeared from sight.

For a few seconds, there was quiet.

This silence was then broken by the slightest sound of footsteps.

If one had keen enough hearing, they might've been able to follow those steps towards the restricted section of the library.

Kenny had learned through observing the library with a cloaking spell that the librarian took an inventory of the restricted section once a day, when the library closed at curfew.

So now he would decide which book he would take and come back for it after dark.

His reason for deciding ahead of time was so he could make a fake copy of the books and swap them for the original.

He creeped through the corridor, scanning the shelves for anything that caught his eye.

In the end, he found two books that might be useful.

'Animagus: Transfiguration at its peak'

And

'The darkest arts'

Inspecting both books, Kenny found that the first was about turning the human form seamlessly into an animal. It was especially useful as it was closer to a skill than a spell.

To add a new skill, with basically no cooldown, to his already unbelievable arsenal at level one hundred is actually an insane accomplishment.

The second didn't stand out to Kenny at first, but something drew him to it. After looking over it, he realised it was basically a book of new spells.

One thing he hadn't tried when he got to the new world was learning new spells. Back in YGGDRASIL, he had maxed out his repertoire of spells, but now, was he still bound by the rules of YGGDRASIL?

He took a mental note of where these books were and returned to the books he left outside the restricted section where he read through them. These were only for class and had no further relevance.

Later that night, Kenny was in the common room, waiting for the prying eyes to go to bed.

In a bag against the chair, there were two blank books with fake covers. The ones he'd swap for the books in the library.

He didn't have to wait long. Most slytherins were downtrodden by their defeat against gryffindor in quidditch and decided to go to bed early.

He made his way through the school to the library, passing unseen even by the ghosts.

Once in the library, he made his way to the books.

Quickly replacing one for the fake, Kenny put the book in his spatial inventory.

He found the next and was about to swap them when he heard a deranged, blood-curdling shriek coming from somewhere else in the restricted section.

He quickly switched the books and fast, but quiet, he made his way to the sound.

As he was moving, the shrieking stopped, and Kenny heard what sounded like the soft thud of a book closing and someone frantically moving.