Power and Acumen

(A/N) Before you read on, I must profusely apologise for the long, unexplained hiatus. I lost interest in the story because I couldn't see where to go from here, because i wasn't happy with how I was writing the protagonist, and because I have the attention span of a gnat.

Here's where we go now. Firstly, I will go back and change things that are out of character or just cringy, but the story itself won't change, so you don't have to reread it if you don't want to.

Secondly, I now have a plan on where I want this story to go in terms of how long Ainz will be playing the part of Kenny (yes, this is only temporary. Keep your hair on), when and how I'll introduce the denizens of Nazarick, and most importantly, how I want to end this story because I do want it to come to a fitting end.

With that said, let's pick up where we left off.

~~~

'Grasp heart'

In Kenny's outstretched hand appeared a heart, bigger than that of a human's by a large margin.

The three watched with interest as Kenny's fingers clenched around it, applying great pressure.

The troll dropped what remained of its club and clutched its chest.

It dropped to its knees

After a couple of seconds, the heart burst, leaving only streaks of blood to drop from Kenny's hand.

The blood faded after a couple of moments, owing to the fact it was magically conjured in the first place.

There was, however, real blood flowing from the trolls mouth as it slumped forward with a great crash.

Kenny then pointed his hand at the three witnesses.

'Control amnesia'

Suddenly, the trio grew a glossed over look, and an intricate purple circle spawned from Kenny's hand.

Swiftly, he removed Hermione's memory of events altogether as he could blame this on the shock. Then he rearranged Harry and Ron's to believe that they showed up after the troll had been defeated.

Now, all that was left was to invent a convincing lie that didn't incriminate him

Just as the circle disappeared, the door opened, and from it emerged three teachers.

Heading the charge was Mcgonagall, closely followed by Snape, and behind him was Quirrell.

They were silent for a moment, unable to find the words until Mcgonagall closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and spoke dangerously calmly.

"What were you thinking of? You're lucky you weren't killed. Why aren't you in your dormitories?"

She looked at all three while Snape moved past them to inspect the troll's corpse.

It didn't take a doctor to see it was dead, which was what Snape announced to the room.

The three looked at each other and then at Kenny. Essentially alerting Mcgonagall to his responsibility in this mess.

She followed their gaze to him and looked at him expectantly.

Need he lie? Completely make something up? The truth might do if only he omitted certain details.

He was about to speak but was interrupted by Granger.

"Please, professor, he was looking for me. So were Harry and Ron."

Mcgonagall looked aghast.

"Miss Granger!"

"I went looking for it because..."

She paused, perhaps unsure of what to say, perhaps debating whether it was even worth lying.

"Because I thought I could take it on, on my own. Because I've read about them. If they hadn't found me, I'd probably be dead."

Mcgonagall looked around the room. Her eyes scanned Hermione, then Harry, Ron, then shifted to Kenny, and finally, they fell to the Troll's body.

"Well, that explains how you came to be here. How did the troll come to be... in that condition?"

Hermione was about to answer, but her mind blanked.

Kenny spoke up.

"I used a protection charm to block it's swings and then I hit it with a stunning spell."

'What a stupid excuse. They'll see through it easily.'

Mcgonagall looked down her nose sceptically.

"Hmm, Dumbledore did mention that your magic is... somewhat advanced. But to kill a troll with a stunner?"

Snape spoke next.

"Twenty points, I think. For your excellent spellwork and quick action. Cut along to the dormitory, Winters."

He hadn't expected that. And the look on Mcgonagall's face ment that neither did she.

"You won't mind, right, Professor Mcgonagall? He is, after all, a slytherin."

Kenny walked out to the corridor before Mcgonagall could oppose Snape.

He reached the common room and found all his house mates were eating food thar had been sent down to them.

He looked around the room for Draco and Daphne and saw them on opposite sides of the room.

Draco sat on a sofa with Crabbe and Goyle, who both had plates piled high with food.

Daphne was near the windows that peared out into the lake. She was talking to other slytherin girls. Daphne seemed pleased, and the girls looked very frustrated.

Then again, most people appear that way after a chat with Miss Greengrass.

It only then occurred to Kenny that Draco and Daphne wouldn't ordinarily mix together. They both only interact when he's there.

Draco, to appear important and powerful, tends to socialise with people who make him look the part.

Hence, his connection with Crabbe and Goyle.

Daphne seems only academicly interested in Kenny. A certain cat-like curiosity about her.

Kenny wondered what would come of these relationships.