Supressed Anger

(A few things before you read on. First, for Harry Potter fans, I'm aware that the classes are usually split between houses but since I choose slytherin, that's not really an option if I want the story to progress. Secondly, I had a thought, for the overlord fans, should I have the guardians, namely the dark elf twins, have matured and aged or should I come up with a reason why they haven't? Thanks if you took the time to read this and comment. I know it's long.)

Kenny saw the suspicious look on the old wizard's face and decided to act as though he didn't realise that he was being stared at.

'No point getting more attention by staring back. Just act natural!'

For nearly a minute he could feel the old man's piercing gaze, though it didn't feel malicious.

Soon he felt the gaze on the back of his head leave as the old man got to his feet, effectively silencing the student body.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

The students all began to laugh as did some of the staff, however Kenny saw a few that caught his eye.

The first was professor Mcgonagall who grew a disapproving look and scolded the old man the second he sat down.

'She's clearly close to the headmaster, that could be useful.'

The second was a man with a seemingly permanent scowl on his face. He had a long nose and frankly foul, greasy hair. He was staring at the gryffindor table quite intently and didn't seem to like what he saw.

Finally, there was the professor next to the greasy man. He was chatting away despite the other man not paying attention. Kenny got a strange vibe from him.

He used detection magic and found something...odd.

He had two different sets of sources. Two MP sources and two HP source. He noted that while one HP source was faint compared to the other, one MP source was far greater than the other though both paled in comparison to his own.

'Curious, it's almost like two souls in one body. Perhaps an attached twin that didn't completely develop? Or is it an experiment for greater power?'

Kenny turned his attention back to his table, not realising that once the headmaster had sat down, the tables had suddenly become full of all kinds of food. Steak, pork, chicken and vegetables of all different kinds.

He immediately began to fill the empty plate that sat in front of him.

Around forty minutes later, everyone was full and tired.

They could nearly muster the energy to watch as the headmaster once again rose to his feet.

"Before we all sleep off our magnificent feast, I have a few things to announce. First, to our new students, there are a list of banned objects that can be read at your leisure by the caretaker, Mr. Filch's office. Secondly, Mr. Filch has also asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Now then bed time, off you pop."

'DEATH?!, this is a school!'

He and the other students stood and all began to walk to their houses' respective dorms. The first years were following the prefects, who's name Kenny didn't bother memorizing, and lagged behind the other students.

Eventually the slytherin first years found themselves below ground in the cold, dimly lit dungeons.

They were led to a seemingly blank wall however Kenny immediately saw through the illusion. It was an entrance to a rather nice looking room.