Poltergeists and Headmasters

"You too, Mr Winters."

Kenny was surprised as his own feet hadn't left the ground and he hadn't broken any rules as far as he knew.

He shrugged and followed Mcgonagall, next to Potter.

Kenny was rather relaxed, confident that he didn't break any rules and that he could either talk his way out of whatever this was about or use magic if needed.

Potter was not relaxed. At all. He was staring wide-eyed at the floor and trembled slightly in Mcgonagall's wake.

She led the pair to, what they recognised as, Flitwick's classroom.

"I'll deal with you first, Mr Potter."

She chapped the open door and spoke when Flitwick paused his lecture.

"Excuse me professor Flitwick, may I borrow Wood for a moment?"

Flitwick nodded and a few moments later, a tall burly student came out to meet the group.

He eyed the two first years, curious at the presence of the slytherin. He most likely thought that the pair had fought or argued and that Mcgonagall thought he was involved somehow.

"Follow me, you three."

She led the group to an empty classroom but stopped before entering.

"Mr Winters, please wait outside while I speak to these two."

Kenny nodded and landed against the wall as Potter and Wood followed Mcgonagall inside.

Once the door was closed he saw little harm in eavesdropping. Though weak, he thought up a hard-to-detect 1st tier spell.

"Rabbit ears."

Though his ears did not change shape, he was able to hear what was happening inside the room.

As soon as the spell activated, he heard Mcgonagall yelling, though not at either of the boys that she entered with.

"Out, Peeves!"

There was the sound of something small hitting something metal, then something came flying out through the door.

The door did not open, the entity flew through quite unobstructed.

At first Kenny thought it was one of the Hogwarts ghosts, he soon identified it as a poltergeist.

It turned to him.

"Oooooohhhhh, another little, ickle firstie~. What fun!"

"Paralysis."

The poltergeist became limp in the air and drifted uncontrollably in the last direction it was moving. Which happened to be towards Kenny.

He knew he couldn't physically touch it without an appropriate enchantment or spell. Luckily, he knew a few useful ones.

"Shock wave."

A powerful blast of air that shifted all the dust in the corridor, sent the poltergeist shooting into a wall, which it went through and likely out to the otherside of the castle.

Kenny turned his attention back to Mcgonagall's conversation with the boys.

As he was caught up with Peeves, he missed the first half of the conversation.

He was surprised to hear that the usually strict teacher sounded elated.

"--Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it!"

He heard a new voice that he expected belonged to that 5th year boy, Wood.

"Ever seen a game of quidditch, Potter?"