wands and blondes

Exiting the bank with his ring covered hands in his pockets, kenny set out to find what he needs.

He took the letter he got from hogwarts and looked it over, deciding he should get the wand first since it was at the top of the list. The letter recommended a place called olivander's in diagon alley so he started his search.

After a much longer time than he would be comfortable to admit, kenny finally found the shop.

He was impressed by the sign stating that the shop has been around since 382 B.C.

'If this is the 'the new world' but in the future, then that would mean I should've seen this. Perhaps they weren't as famous back then.'

He entered the store to see a rustic room and behind the counter was stacks upon stacks of long thin boxes that were covered in dust.

Walking further into the shop, kenny began to think that perhaps they were closed.

"Excuse me!"

"Hold your horses, boy!"

The voice had come from the back of the shop, behind the stacks of boxes and, a few seconds later, a short man with extremely messy, gray hair emerged.

"Mr. Olivander I presume? I'm Kenny-"

"Winters, I know. I'd recognise that snow white hair anywhere. I remember giving your father his wand, when he came here at 11 years of age."

"You knew my father?"

"Only in passing, my boy, only in passing."

He began looking through some boxes as he spoke before bringing one to Kenny.

He opened it and withdrew a stick, similar to the one that Tom, the barman at the leaky cauldron, used to open the brick wall.

Olivander thought he saw the boy's eyes glow green for a split second but couldn't be sure.

Unbeknownst to Olivander, Kenny had used 'mana sense' to gage the power of the wand. To say the least he was unimpressed.

Kenny half-heartedly took the wand from olivander, unsure of what to do.

'Should I do a spell?'

"Well give it a wave!"

Kenny waved the wand causing a large, destructive wave of force to come forth.

Olivander seemed unfazed by the destruction, if anything he seemed ecstatic.

He rushed around grabbing another wand. Once again, Kenny's eyes flashed green and this time Olivander was sure he saw it.

The same thing happened, kenny waved the wand causing destruction and olivander, smiling wide, took the wand and gave him another.

Despite olivander's excitement, kenny was growing impatient and irritated.

He did notice that he seemed more compatible with wands that had higher magic power than those that are weaker.

'I guess a person's magic power has to be close enough to the wand's to be compatible'

"Hmm I wonder..."

Olivander, having broken kenny from his thoughts retreated to the back of the shop and returned with a long ornate box.

"My dear boy, this wand is a prototype. One of many wands created to rival the elder wand. It was unsuccessful of course. The prototype's were too powerful to be used by regular people, whereas the elder wand can be used by anyone despite it's great power.

Furthermore, the wands were made to be powerful so safety was not at the fore front of the creators mind. These wands were quite strenuous to the users and often rejected their owners after they proved unable to use them.