A Compelling Read

Kenny sat in his room quietly reading a very specific book. Not a book from the hogwarts list, not an exciting novel that he couldn't put down or anything of the sort.

This book was very special to him specifically. It told of the current world's interpretation of his actions from the past.

It told of a possible link between Ainz Ooal Gown and a powerful demon named Jaldabaoth.

It detailed the katze plains massacre. Which, according to the book, was the most powerful instance of the instant death spell, avada kadevra. The so called killing curse. The book, however failed to mention the summoned monsters that followed the deaths.

'What the hell is this killing curse? This book mentions that it is a spell that can instantly kill anything living and can't be blocked. So is it perhaps a high tier instant death spell?'

It also spoke of rumours. The book mentioned that Ainz Ooal gown had given a village girl a summoning tool that summoned goblins. These goblins supposedly evolved into the very same goblins that run gringotts wizard bank today.

'That may explain that one goblin's reaction to the key of Ainz Ooal Gown's vault.'

Detail after detail of his actions, from subjigating the lizard men to aiding the dwarves.

Something that Kenny did not expect was an entire chapter that detailed the many cults that, even now, worship him as the god of death. Furthermore these cults also seem to believe that Ainz Ooal Gown could have rivaled or even defeated Merlin, had Merlin not been after Ainz's time.

'Was Merlin another player from YGGDRASIL?'

He read that many believe that Ainz was the superior magic caster since Merlin had very few feats that showed his power whereas Ainz had brought Re-estize to its knees. In a single day.

The final chapter spoke of his defeat. It seemed as though the world believed that the hero Momon, who was seemingly working with The sorcerer king, had been plotting his betrayal of the incarnation of death. This is proved by the fact that the pair had seemingly disappeared on the exact same day.

The book details a bloody battle that kenny knew for a fact didn't happen. That in the end, the two most powerful men in the world died, killing each other.

'How did they get the idea that Momon and I fought? I need to find out what really happened that day or it could happen again. I also need to find if any of the guardians are still alive or if they too have moved on. Could they have something to do with these cults? It's possible.'

Deciding that nothing would be resolved here, Kenny stored the book in his magical inventory, he thought long enough to realise that he had used it enough that if anything was going to happen, then it would have by now.

Kenny let out a deep heavy sigh as he turned the light off and pulled the cover over himself. He would be going to hogwarts soon.

He let sleep consume him. He missed sleep so much as a skeleton. But now he realised how efficient it was that he didn't have to eat or sleep. He could just keep working constantly.

The next few days flew by. Kenny kept reading and rereading the book. Trying to make sense and combine it with what he already knows in order to fill in the blanks but all he managed to do was stress himself out. He had, of course, read all the other books that were required, they could also provide answers after all. Especially the history textbooks.

Alas, not one of the books so much as mentioned Nazarick giving kenny the idea that perhaps that will be covered in a later year. If he was such a massive part of history that is.

On the morning of his impending arrival at hogwarts, Kenny was groggy and sluggish but his mother made sure he had everything ready and had ensured kenny had showered and was wearing warm clothes as she heard that the school was in the mountains of Scotland. The pair left in a taxi and, after what felt like a while, they arrived at kings cross station where the letter said to board the train on platform 9¾.

Kenny's mother assured him that no such platform existed so he was scanning the train station for any signs of magic. He found that there were many people that had magic and amidst all the chaos of the station he saw a pillar that radiated magic as well.

He noticed that the pillar was between platform 9 and 10 and put 2 and 2 together.

'If the pillar is in the middle of 9 and 10 shouldn't it be 9½? Whatever.'

He tapped his mothers arm and pointed to the pillar.

"It's an illusion. We can pass right through the pillar onto the platform."

She looked sceptical. Swallowing, she nodded and the pair walked up to the pillar. While kenny was very nonchalant, his mother had her eyes closed and fingers crossed as the pair entered the platform. Going as far as to hold onto him as he walked.

Emerging on the other side, the mother and son duo were quite stunned at the sight of the train. It was quite majestic.

Though as kenny was about to board his mother pulled him back. She had noticed he hadn't made eye contact. She thought he was nervous and didn't want her to know.

In reality he had just been trying to conceal the fact that his eyes changed colour when he used his detection magic.

"Are you alright, sweetie? Feel okay? You know I'll miss you right, baby?"

"I know, mum. I'll miss you too."

"I love you, sweetie. Write to me."

"Love you too mum, I will. I'll try to write to you every day"

She embraced him and kissed the top of his head. She was very reluctant to let him go she let out a shaky breath and he walked onto the train.