Friends

I spent the next hour picking John's brain looking for ideas of what to do with Claire. After how grumpy he had initially been I was surprised when he came up with some really useful stuff. Most of the ideas did come with a good dose of language, but I was going to take any helpfulness I could get. Once I felt like I had a good handle on where to start Claire, we moved onto homework. It was a pretty quiet Friday night, but I didn't mind. Sometimes that was my favorite kind of evening. My parents came home from work, and we watched a movie together after supper. I think they were a little relieved that John and I couldn't really cuddle due to his ribs. It felt a little awkward, but I could tell my family was starting to get used to the idea that we were actually dating.

Saturday morning we slept in, but once I got going I decided to call Andrew and Allison to see if they wanted to come over and hang out for the day. I didn't tell John about asking my friends over. He had gone back to bed after eating a late breakfast. I enjoyed pulling his leg a bit and this would be great way to tease him and give him some social interaction without leaving the house.

The doorbell rang and I ran from the couch to the front door. I pulled it open to find Andrew outside.

"Welcome!" I said waving him inside.

"Thanks for inviting me over," Andrew said as he came in and pulled his shoes off. "My mom was going to make me clean house if I didn't find something to do. Allison should be here any minute. She was out on an errand or I would have picked her up."

I grinned at him, "You two seem to get along awfully well."

Andrew turned red as he hung up his coat, "I really like her," he paused for a moment and suddenly looked around, "Where's your lover boy?"

I let my smile get bigger, "Asleep. He has no clue you guys are coming over."

"Is that a good idea? I mean not telling him." Andrew said with a fearful grimace.

A giggle escaped me, "Give me some credit! If I didn't give John grief, then he would think there was something wrong with me. Honestly, he will probably sleep till lunch. He needs it, you heal more when you sleep."

"I guess that's true." Andrew said still looking a bit anxious.

"Relax, I have a bunch of snacks and movies for us if we get desperate," I said grinning.

At that moment, the doorbell rang again. Allison came flying inside when I opened the door.

"It's SO cold outside," she complained. "It was a great idea to have us over. I've been dying to see what kind of trouble you and Bender get up to."

I laughed, "Well we have been super frisky lately...we each read two WHOLE books."

"Bender read a book?" Andrew said looking interested.

"Yup, I think the daytime TV shows are too boring for him," I replied. "Come on in you guys. Do you want to play Trivial Pursuit?"

Andrew and Allison both nodded and we headed into the living room where I had a stack of board games on the floor. We started a game and were having a great time when a voice broke through our conversation.

"What the $%#@ is going on here?" John said standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Andrew and Allison both shot each other worried looks, but I laughed.

"Having fun, sleeping beauty," I sassed.

John came and stood behind the couch looking over our game and the three of us sprawled comfortably on the floor.

"Who said you could have people over?" John growled along with a few more choice words.

I rolled my eyes and smirked, "My house, my rules. Besides, you need some social activities."

"Me!" John squawked indignantly. "I don't need a social calendar."

"Well considering you don't have one..." I replied with a laugh. "I consider it my job to fill it."

Allison burst out laughing at my response making John scowl. She said, "Oh come on, Bender, having some legal fun won't kill you."

"I'm allergic to fun. It might kill me, you never know," John said sticking his tongue out and fake gagging.

I stood up and walked over to John, grabbing his hand, "You can be on my team. Stop being a wet blanket."

"What am I, five?" John grumbled but came with me sitting down gingerly on the floor.

We decided to restart the game since John was joining us. We decided to stay as individuals which turned out to be a mistake. I had thought I was pretty good at the game, I can remember all kinds of random details, but not compared to John. He literally beat the crap out of the rest of us. I had no idea he knew so much! He also, was not above gloating and it didn't take very long before the rest of us were groaning each time his turn came. We played long past lunch, and nobody was surprised when John won. He was gleeful to a fault.

"Bet you didn't think I would be any good at this game," John taunted me.

I gave him my sweetest smile and replied, "Nope. I thought you would suck."

"Wait...you're agreeing with me?" John asked suddenly baffled.

Allison chirped, "She's doing it just to get under your skin, Bender."

I laughed and winked at her, "Exactly."

John reached over and tugged my ponytail, "Ganging up on me is not fair."

"Oh, now that is a good one coming from you!" I chortled gleefully. "How about we have some lunch and quite picking on each other?"

Andrew and Allison quickly agreed, but John was stubborn, "I'm not hungry."

I leaned over and cupped his face with my hand and kissed him making Andrew blush and Allison giggle, "WE are hungry, so we are going to eat. I can make you a sandwich or you can have some snacks later."

John gave a long-suffering sigh, "Fine. If you make a sandwich for me I guess I will eat it."

The four of us headed into the kitchen for lunch. We sat around the table and ate our sandwiches.

Allison said, "How about we play Truth or Dare?"

Andrew and John both got wicked grins on their faces, "I think that's an excellent idea," said John.