Friends dont look at friends that way

I hadn't even noticed when Carlos went to sleep last night because as soon as my head touched the pillow I fell asleep immediately

I hadn't even noticed when Carlos went to sleep last night because as soon as my head touched the pillow I fell asleep immediately. What I am noticing is an arm, which unless someone has sneaked into the room belongs to Carlos, encircling my waist.

Ok, there is no need to be alarmed, these things happen, I just have to get out of bed slowly and avoid waking him up so that the situation is not uncomfortable. No big deal.

I make the feint of getting out from under Carlos's arm but just when I thought I had succeeded, his arm brings me closer to his chest again.

-Five more minutes- He says with the hoarse voice of just getting up and hiding his head in my hair. I guess I will just stay here for the rest of my life then.

-I'm going to have to start charging you for using me as a pillow- I said as a joke.

-Do it, I have money- he said without missing a beat.

-I dont want your money.

I have enough money, I don't need his.

-Then what am I going to charge you with?

Don't have a dirty mind Valentina. Think of a quick answer come on.

-Food?- Foods good. You cant make food sexual....right?

-Fine by me, let's have breakfast then.- he said then left a kiss on my shoulder.

We went to have breakfast together with Alex and Lily. I'm not proud to say that I've been ignoring Carlos a bit since we've left the room. It's not that I was uncomfortable or upset by what happened, it's just that I can't think clearly when I'm close to him.

I have also taken advantage of the moment to get to know George and Carmen who had just arrived. Carmen has told me that she is from Jerez, a coincidence since it is just where I used to spend the summer with Miri when we were younger.

Apparently only Lando and Charles remained to come, the latter being Carlos's teamate in Ferrari.

-So how did you guys meet?- Lily asked while we were on the pool.

Lily, Carmen and I were sitting on the curb, taking advantage of the sun rays and soaking our legs in the pool. Carlos was swimming while Alex and George played with some beach rackets.

-She was begging me to help her order a drink at a club.- Carlos said getting closer to us when he realised we where talking about him.

He grabbed the curb next to me so he wouldn't have to swim, brushing back his wet hair.

-I was not!- I defend myself- I told you-he stopped me rolling his eyes.

-Yes, that you were an independent woman perfectly capable of ordering her own drink, but who ended up ordering it?- he mocks me.

-I don't remember it.- I say pretending I don't know what he's talking about

-Strange, I remember every minute of that night.- he said cocky. I roll my eyes and splash him some water.