Adore you

-Don't you have about a thousand dresses at home from all your jobs?- Miri said as I was looking through her closet

-Those are returned Miri- I remind her.

Honestly, if I had to keep all the clothes I work in, they wouldn't fit in my own house. Plus they are fucking expensive, most of the time I'm scared to even breathe too hard in case I mess up something.

-And why don't you just buy one? It's not like you lack money- she said taking a red dress from my hands. Damn it, I knew she wouldnt let me take that one.

-And why spend it if I can steal the perfect dress from you? -I look until I see a green dress. Bingo- oooohhh I love this one.

I pick it up and look in the mirror how it would look on me. It is perfect.

-So...has he asked you to be your girlfriend yet?

I turn looking at her strangely. Come to think of it, he didn't.

-We agreed on giving us a chance-I explain- but we didnt specify labels.

I don't care much either, I think we both made it very clear how we felt about each other, I didn't need a title.

-And you're not going to talk about it?- I sigh

-Dont stress me Miri...

-I'm just worried that you're just avoiding it. You know that most of the problems in relationships come from a lack of comunication.

I love my sister to pieces but I have always been envious that she had the perfect relationship. She met Nia in highschool, got together right after graduation, they moved in together right after I bought my house and Miri asked her to marry her last year. I have never seen two people work as well together as they do.

Not only that, but Nia's family are the most open and kind people I've ever met, trying to make Miri and even me feel at home from the very first moment.

While I spent many years trying to find something like that, something that would fill me up. But I only found idiots who cared more about bragging that their girlfriend was a model than talking to their own girlfriend.

When I met Paolo I was 21, he was 29. I really thought that if I tried hard enough I would finally have something like Miri and Nia. But we all know how that story ends.

-I know, and I'm not avoiding it, it's just that everything has happened so fast that I want to enjoy the moment and not think about details.

She nods, understanding what I'm talking about.

-And when am I going to meet him?

When we are finally in the same timezone maybe?

-Miri I just told you that I don't want to go fast.

-I know but I want to meet him! He seems very different from Paolo, and don't get me wrong, I think that's great, but I just want to make sure he's a good guy.