Happy endings

Carlos POV

Carlos POV

-Daddy- My oldest daughter called me from her bed.

-Yes love?

-Tell me the story again.

-Are you sure? You've heard it a thousand times.

-Yes. Lyra has not heard it yet.

Lyra, our youngest, was barely a month old and already asleep in my arms but sure. She wants her sister to hear it.

-Okay- I clear my throat preparing to tell the story that I have told my daughter hundreds of times and I sit on the floor next to her bed. With the baby cradled in my arms.

-Once upon a time there was a princess, she was the most beautiful princess in the whole world. But she was not only beautiful, she was extremely intelligent as well.

-One day, the princess came across an ogre, causing her to stray from her path. But she needed to come home and she was lost.

-And she met the prince!- she said excited. I'm sure she knows this story even better than I do.

-That's right and she met the prince. But she didn't need the prince, she would have found a way to go home by herself. The prince was also a little lost so she decided to help him and let him accompany her.

-Along the way they were making friends, like the sorceress who would heal their wounds or several riders who would help them reach their destination faster.

-She heals wounds like Aunt Miri?- she asked.

-Exactly like your Aunt Miri. The princess and the prince became very close friends. They helped each other overcome every obstacle that stood in their way.

-They defeated dragons, climbed mountains, nothing stood in their way.

-Because they were really strong?- I shook my head.

No, it was not because they were strong.

-Because they stood together. After a very long travel, they finally found their way back home.

-But they didn't break up, did they?

-No, they decided that life was more beautiful if they were together. The princess and the prince could talk about anything without getting bored. They were eachothers best company.

-And they found the little house.

Well the house was anything but little but okay.

-They found a perfect little house to live their life. It was full of poppies and you could see the sunset just from the window.

-And?

-And then they decided, if their life was so wonderful, why not share it with someone else?

I brush one of the strands of her blonde hair out of her face.