I dont want to miss a thing

Carlos POV

Carlos POV

- Of course I'm alive Miri, I'm talking to you- she said pacing around.

-No, I'm not going to pass you on to Carlos- I shake my head. I already have to be scared of my sisters I dont want to be scared of another.

-Fine, I'll tell him.

-Don't you have a girlfriend to pay attention to? Yes Miri I'll be careful.- she rolls her eyes.

-I love you too.

She hangs up the phone and sit next to me. We had found a beautiful cliff from where we could see the whole sea and decided to make a stop to see the sunset.

-Sorry about that. She just worries some times. By the way she says that if I die and it's your fault...well, let's say that if you appreciate your balls, I better not die while being with you.

I swallow, nodding. I appreciate my body enough, I dont want to lose parts thank you. Damn. I've had fathers and brothers threaten me before but a sister is definitely a first for me.

-You're really close to your sister arent you?- I found myself asking.

-We have always been the two against the world, she has been the only constant in my life.

-And your parents?

-Well, my mother is a manipulative narcissistic who never wanted to have kids but ended up having two- she said shrugging.

She was leaning on my chest with her gaze lost on the horizon so I decide to take one of her hands and intertwine our fingers.

-My father on the other hand...I don't have a single bad memory growing up with my father. Not one. That's why I think it hurt twice as much when he left.

Now I feel bad for asking and making her remember it. But she's opening up to me so I guess she was ready to talk about it.

-He just left?- I found myself asking.

-Without warning.- she sighs- I guess he got tired of my mother's antics, I don't blame him. Miri and I moved out of that house as soon as she turned 18. But he left without looking back. Never contacted us again.

She talks about it with a naturalness that surprises me. It's like she's had time to digest and process it. Like she made it stop hurting somehow.

I can't even imagine what it would have been like. I can't even conceive of growing up without the support of my parents, much less having to leave home so soon.

-How old were you then?-my voice was barely a wisper.

-We moved out when I was almost sixteen. I started working that same year.

-Modeling?

-I wish. No, as a cashier. The modeling and social media part didn't start until I was nineteen.