Dear patience

The trip to Iceland was a success

The trip to Iceland was a success. We went at the end of August, barely a couple of weeks before the end of the summer break.

It was the last night and Carlos and I were trying to sneak out of the house to get away and try to see the Northern Lights.

-Where are you lovebirds going?- Lando asked stopping us just before getting to the front door- Didn't you think to warn?

-To nowhere- I say.

-So you are leaving the house in the middle of the night, and you have taken the car keys, not to go anywhere?

Lando, read the room please.

-You got it! A golden star for you- Carlos said sarcastically.

-Can I go?

-Lando leave them alone- Max said from the living room- it's obvious they want to be alone.

-But they have said that they were not going anywhere!

-Have a good time!- Lily said taking Lando by the arm to the living room with the rest- We will entertain the child.

We got into the car and Carlos began to drive towards the direction that the owner of the house had indicated us. His fingers were tapping on the steering wheel following the rhythm of the music on the radio.

The views are incredible, every meter of this landscape is like something out of a documentary. It's breathtaking.

-We are here?- I asked when he stopped the car.

-That what the GPS says.

-So, let's go! I don't want to miss it.

I get out of the car as fast as I can, reaching Carlos's side. This one is taking his time to get out.

-You will miss it if you fall down a clift because you can't see anything, wait a moment so I can take the light.

Okay he has a point.

He went to the back of the car and started rummaging through the backpack.

-You're taking your time there- I say.

-I cant find the light, give me a second.

But how is he going to find it if he is looking in the wrong pocket?

-It's in the side pocket- I point out.

-You could have started there.

-Then it loses the fun.

We walked for about ten minutes until we reached the viewpoint. There was no one there so we sat on one of the benches that were there.

-What if it doesn't happen tonight?- I ask.

I was getting restless just waiting for something that might not happen.

-It's okay, we'll come another year to see it.