[34]

Olivia's head throbbed painfully and she didn't know what to do about it. It had been a few days since that headache was getting worse and at first she had ignored it, thinking it would go away with time.

But it only got worse.

She had been feeling quite strange since the past few days, unable to get proper sleep and when she would fall asleep after a lot of struggle, she would be waking up in the most unexpected of places.

She didn't know if she was sleep walking or if someone had taken control of her mind.

There were a few times she had woken up in the forest, near her house but not inside. She had no memory of what she had done that had caused her to step out of her home and why she was not in her room as she should have been.

She should have told that to Tim or Bruce but she didn't want to be a burden on them. So she didn't tell anyone and kept hoping that it would stop after some time.

However, one night she woke up in the forest with blood on her hands and clothes and that was when she freaked out immensely. She had rushed into her house and locked it, activating all the security systems.

Then she had tried her best to get the blood off her body and clothes, rubbing vigorously in the bathtub, still unable to recall what had happened to her.

One thing was for sure, it wasn't her blood. And that only alarmed her more.

Despite herself, she had to call Tim over so that he would calm her down and true enough he showed up after a while.

She couldn't tell him the reason why she had called him over but he could see she was unstable and very disturbed.

So he had stayed there with her till morning, calming her down by making her lavender tea and put her to sleep by running his fingers through her hair soothingly.

As he didn't know what was going on with her, he didn't think much of it and returned home. Everything was normal with the next day and Olivia didn't bring it up again either.

But she was getting more and more anxious about being left alone. She would often stay with the Waynes and even when she wouldn't spend the night at the Manor, she would leave until it was very late.

Nothing happened to her when she stayed at Wayne Manor but when she was at her home, those sinister spells of sleepwalking would hit her back.

She was worried that she was slowly losing control of herself. She felt that she was slowly going crazy, unable to keep track of where she went and what she did.

She should have told Bruce first of all but couldn't for some reason. She didn't know how to explain it and then she didn't want them to see her as a person going slowly off the edge.

But that was her biggest mistake.

In not taking them into confidence and trying to face things on her own, she was doing exactly what Gemma wanted her to.

She was isolating herself further in fear that her friends would figure out something was wrong with her and stop caring for her anymore. It was an insecurity she never she knew she had but lately her thoughts, her memories and her actions were no longer in her control.

Perhaps she really was going insane.

As her fears were making her isolate herself from her friends, it had made it easier for Gemma to reach out to her when the time was right.

And that time came much sooner than anyone of them could have predicted.

***