[33]

Olivia had returned to her bio-dome and resumed living as she did earlier. Their exams were going on so she was always busy and when they finally gave the last exam, she went with Tim and the rest of her friends to celebrate as well.

She was told it was the first time Tim had joined the group in any activity other than academics.

Together they had gone to the cafe near Gotham High and Olivia recognized it to be the same place Tim would often come to get his thermos of coffee refilled.

The barista who had the evening shift there seemed to know Tim very well and Olivia noticed that the two were quite friendly with each other, despite the fact that Tim was rather antisocial otherwise. 

The boy had amber-shaded eyes with sandy brown hair falling messily over his forehead and his whole face lit up when he smiled. Seeing Tim, his bright smile seemed to light up even more and Olivia couldn't look past that.

He was cute. A bit too cute for her liking, she judged, when she saw Tim talking and laughing with him casually as he brought their drinks over.

"So this is what it feels like having an actual rival," she thought to herself but dare not say anything out loud.

She was not jealous of the barista, nope, certainly not.

Or was she?

Tim seemed rather oblivious to it, but then he was oblivious to a lot of things. She felt like she should tell him at least that the barista probably fancied him and see how he would react to it.

She didn't point anything out during their visit as the rest of her friends' group was there too but the next day when Tim had brought Olivia along with him to get coffee, she didn't hesitate to bring it up.

"Isn't this the same barista who was flirting with you yesterday?" Olivia whispered in his ear, watching the boy standing behind the counter smile widely upon seeing Tim.

"Flirting with me? No, you're mistaken..."

She shook her head, "no, I don't think so. Just look at him. Literal ball of sunshine who just started to look even more happy to see you. He definitely has a crush on you."

Tim didn't know whether he should laugh at her assumption or correct her. A smile played upon his lips as he gave his order, feeling Olivia's eyes judging both him and the boy behind the counter closely.

"Thanks, Nico," Tim smiled taking the cup of coffee from him as well as the ice cream shake that Olivia had ordered which he then handed to her.

"Nico? So you have nicknames too now..." She raised an eyebrow skeptically as whispered in a low voice so that only Tim would hear her.

"Oh I forgot, you two haven't met yet," Tim spoke up and then brought Olivia forward despite her reluctance, introducing the two, "this is Nicolas Orwell, he's a very good friend of mine and we know each other because I end up at this cafe almost every day after school. And Nico, this is Olivia McArthur, again a very good friend of mine."

"Nice to see Timmy has friends other than me and Steph," Nico smiled, holding his hand out toward Olivia.

But she made no attempt to take it, still glaring at him as if he was suspicious, "you know Steph?"

His cheeks turned the lightest of pink, "yeah. Tim and Steph are quite the twin package, aren't they? You can't know one without knowing the other."

She noticed that he had been just fine when talking to Tim but soon as she had brought Steph up, his cheeks had shaded pink and his eyes shifted slightly in nervousness.