[36]

The location of Olivia's phone was tracked and it was found to be in the McArthur family's previous home in East End. Tim knew the base was located somewhere within the house too and he told Bruce everything he could remember about it.

They decided to break in and see for themselves what was going on. Batman, Red Robin and Nightwing would be going in while Robin and Spoiler were to keep watch on the surroundings.

The house was empty as the vigilantes stepped in but it did not seem abandoned for ages. Tim figured out the route underground relying on his subconscious so keeping Nightwing searching above, he and Batman descended to the secret base, ready to face resistance as they expected Gemma to be using it as a hideout.

A pungent smell of chemicals reached them and Batman and Red Robin took out their gas masks so they would be able to breathe without suffocating due to the thick chemical fumes. They were connected via comm to Nightwing as well who reported that even though he hadn't found anyone in the house, there was enough suspicious material that they would have to confiscate and study in detail.

As Batman and Red Robin proceeded carefully inside, they split up at some point, knowing the faster they searched the place, the better it would be for them as well as for Olivia's safety.

Even a second wasted could end up fatally for her.

Tim told Bruce there was a secret lab to the right of the corridor where only Ashlar and Gemma were allowed to enter and it must have something important inside so Bruce went in that direction to search. While Tim headed in the opposite direction where he could remember that room to be where the electric chair was placed, close to the room where he had first met Olivia.

The deeper he went, the clearer his memories became until he reached that door. He pushed it open and saw the same electric chair.

But to his horror, the person strapped to it was Olivia.

"Liv!" 

He quickly rushed to her, finding her unconscious. He tore off the cables connected to her and she fell forward in a lifeless heap.

"Did you find her?" Batman's voice reached him through the comm.

"Yes, but she has been shocked... She was tied to an electric chair and... I'm getting her out."

"Be careful, are you certain there's no one else there?"

He paused and looked around but the room was empty. Even if someone had been there earlier, they were no longer there.

"It's all clear. Whoever it was, left before us."

He lifted Olivia in his arms, feeling her breathing faintly. At least she was alive, he thought, at least she hadn't been electrocuted to death.

But as he was getting her out of there, Nightwing's voice reached him, "Batman, Red Robin, we must evacuate right now. There's a bomb in here and it will explode any second!"

Racing against time, the vigilantes barely managed to get out with Olivia when the house as well as the secret base erupted behind them.

They were thrown afar and Robin and Spoiler quickly came to their aid. But with the house and base detonated, almost all clues they could have found were damaged.

No wonder Gemma had cleverly thought everything out and twice lured them into a near-death trap.

But at least they had found Olivia. There was a bandage on her arm but other than that she was unscathed. But she had not yet gained consciousness so they took her to the cave, intending to call Doctor Thompkins over to check that she was alright.