[42]

The hideout had been cleared out and both the defective clones of Gemma and Olivia had been destructed on the basis of them becoming a threat to innocent lives. The case was taken to court again but Cadmus intervened, pushing it under the covers as the institution could not afford further defamation.

However, it was clear that Gemma and Olivia's clone will not be able to bother them again.

Olivia had recovered as well but it was decided that she would soon be going for a brain scan to make sure that the memory chips inserted in her weren't causing her any harm. And if they were no longer needed then she would get them removed.

There were still a few days left in the appointment with the neurosurgeon so Steph thought of cooking up the perfect distraction.

She wanted to give Olivia a surprise so that she wouldn't get too worried about the appointment. She knew that she had been excited about prom but couldn't get to attend it so she and Tim made a plan to arrange a similar event for her.

True, they couldn't get the whole high school to reattend prom but they could arrange a ball in Wayne Manor's ballroom and get their close friends and family to take part in it.

They didn't tell Olivia about it, intending to keep it a surprise for her.

Right then Olivia was looking at the pictures of prom that Gotham High's student blog had put up and she seemed rather shocked to see how stunning Olivia 2.0 looked.

"So you're telling me you refused to take her as your date... She made me look so sexy in that dress, I kinda feel envious now," Olivia mumbled, watching the post with Tim.

"You are a thousand times better than her," Tim remarked.

"Too bad the dress got ruined," she resumed, "it was pretty for my standards too."

"You hate sparkly dresses," he interjected.

"But the color, see? Blood red, my favorite..." She paused reading the article, "wait, they gave her prom queen too? No wonder... It's a good thing she's not around anymore or else she would have stolen all the good things from my life."

The last sentence was spoken a bit lower because that fear was very much imminent from what she had been through not long ago. But Tim thought of keeping the topic focused on prom and not on the past.

"Apparently, now you are the prom queen even though you didn't even attend prom."

"Sad," she shrugged, "I kinda wanted to see whether it was just like the movies or overrated."

"It's definitely overrated," Tim replied but then he added, catching her by surprise, "hey, you remember that dress you made Steph buy because it was a killer look, according to you?"

Of course, she remembered that dress, "oh and I fell in love with that dress. How could I forget that beauty?"

"Steph said she won't wear it but you can take it," he told her, "consider it an unbirthday present. She's going to give it to you herself though, I just had to tell you beforehand."

Her eyes lit up at the offer and she leaned closer, "really? This better not be a prank. By the way, what wedding am I crashing? Because that dress totally gives those vibes."

He laughed, watching the excited gleam in her eyes, "no weddings or funerals but we have an event coming up, you can crash that if you want to."

"Wait, is it like a Wayne-level event?" She asked, the excitement dropping considerably, "I saw some posts about the Galas you guys hold, I can't possibly crash that. The press is recording everything and I can't have that attached to me too; Teenage Girl Crashes Wayne Family Gala In A Killer Dress. Nope, not happening."