[05]

Steph was on the lookout while Tim accessed the Batcomputer, his fingers typing quickly on the keyboard. His last hope was an intervention he had made on the tracker in all their vigilante suits which would notify when and where the tracker was disabled.

The fact that they hadn't tracked Bruce yet meant that the tracker was either damaged or disabled and he intended to find out the last active location.

"Tim, you gotta hurry," Steph reminded him, "if Alfred comes in here, we're doomed."

"Just five seconds," he quickly transferred the details into the USB he had brought, intending to go back to his room and decode it on his laptop.

"Found the location?" She asked when he joined her at the exit.

"I am not staying here to get caught, will decode it in my room on the laptop," he told her, giving her the USB, "now just hold the fort until I get my other stuff."

"Tim, be quick..."

He quickly gathered the files he wanted and then hastily checked that he wasn't forgetting anything else. Five minutes later, both he and Steph were back in the Manor though they had to make sure they didn't get caught by Alfred before they reached Tim's room.

"Thank you so so much," Tim breathed out in relief as he shut the bedroom door, "Steph, I owe you big time."

"Yeah, keep that in mind for later," she remarked, watching him insert the USB into his laptop and start working just as fervently as he used to do so back at the Batcomputer.

"I can figure out the last location the tracker has been disabled on," he explained to her while he decoded the details, "and not so surprisingly, I was right. The time for the tracker to be deactivated is this morning. How could it have been possible if Bruce hadn't survived that attack?"

Steph leaned closer to see for herself, "strange..."

"Well, that confirms he's alive," Tim mumbled, "and the location... Oh."

The location highlighted on the map was very near Gotham, in the peripheral forest that was around ten to twenty kilometers away from the city. 

What was Batman doing there was a question that only he could answer. But of course, Tim had a theory for it.

"He could be in trouble if the tracker is disabled now and not earlier," he spoke up, "and he's near Gotham which means he might have escaped Darkseid and was trying to get back here. I have to go bring him back."

"Wait, what do you mean when you said trouble?"

"Steph, if the tracker wasn't disabled earlier and someone just disabled it now, that means he could be in captivity," he explained, an urgency taking over his tone, "and if that's the case, then we have to help him. Right now, regardless of these not being patrol hours."

"Yeah but you promised you won't leave without telling Dick," she reminded him, "you mustn't go on your own either."

His eyes flickered towards the clock in worry, "I will be fine on my own, trust me."

He quickly shut down his laptop after saving the location on his watch. By the looks of it, he was going to the place right that moment.

"You wanna come along?" He asked again but then shook his head, "never mind."

"Hey!" She followed him out of the room and back to the Bat Cave, "wait for me!"

However, they were stopped at the entrance of the cave by Alfred who had figured out by then that the two were up to something. 

"Will you two explain what's going on?" Alfred asked in his usually calm tone but that tone alone was enough for the Wayne kids to know they were in trouble.