[02]

The next morning when Olivia woke up at her usual time, she had almost forgotten about her not being alone in her house. So when she came out and found Batman looking around in her laboratory for some tools to stitch his wounds up with, she almost screamed.

"What part did you not hear about you not dying in my house?" She shrieked and he stopped, turning around to face her, "you can't be up and about too soon. Have you seen how injured you are?"

"Olivia, I'm fine. Please, settle down," he spoke in a calm voice by which no one could possibly assume that he was hurt. 

But she wasn't only hearing him she could also see him so the calm voice couldn't trick her into thinking that he was fine because he wasn't.

"Oh, you're anything but fine. And how do you know my name?" Her eyes narrowed in a warning, judging him closely to see if he could be a threat to her.

"I have been talking to Vanya," he replied vaguely.

"Daily weather check complete, no threats found. Breakfast will be ready in ten minutes," Vanya's voice reached her and right then she wanted to beat the software out of the house.

"Breakfast? You just divulged confidential information to a potential intruder. Vanya, what the hell?"

Bruce had given up looking for the supplies and went back to sit on the stretcher. She eyed him warily then when she was fully certain he wouldn't move from there, she slowly backed off.

"So... Breakfast," she mumbled, "and if you can stitch yourself up, I will bring you the supplies. Just tell me what you need."

"Thank you for being so kind to me," he replied, "but I don't want to trouble you. I will leave now."

Her eyes flashed at those words, "oh not now, if you step a foot out there you will get fried. Vanya's not the only software I have here, y'know."

With him slightly better and more conscious than last night, he looked around the place. It was very small but efficient and judging by what he had seen so far, the girl probably lived alone.

But she seemed more than capable to live on her own. Judging by the condition of her house and the way everything was kept, he could guess she had been there for a long time and was managing quite well.

"Uh... Batman or what's your real name again?" She put down a plate of buttered toast and a cup of tea in front of him, taking another plate and cup for herself as she sat down on a chair placed at a safe distance from him.

Bruce knew the mask was already peeled off and it was no use keeping it from her, she probably could see very well that he was Bruce Wayne. "Bruce," he replied.

"I can call you Bruce then?"

"You can."

"Excellent," she smiled, "it's nice to meet you, Bruce, even though I would not normally say that."

He paused, finding that sudden change in mood slightly unnerving. "Nice to meet you too, Olivia."

"About that, I have to reprogram Vanya not to take orders from any other voice than mine," she spoke up as if she had just remembered, "you hear that, Vanya? Reset yourself in half an hour and then I will work on the reprogramming."

"Noted. Reset scheduled for 10:30 AM."

Bruce paused, a fleeting thought striking him as he lifted the cup and checked that the liquid inside was tea and not coffee. For some reason, that girl reminded him a lot of Tim.

And that in turn reminded him that his family probably didn't know that he was alive. But he couldn't go back to them just yet or else they would all be in more danger.