[18]

Tim was waiting for her in the parking lot by off time and spotted her after a while, looking around for him. He noticed that she was looking over in the cars section and he sighed, fastening his helmet and starting his bike, he drove over and stopped it right in front of her.

"What, a bike? And here I was expecting a fancy car or something," she remarked. 

"You are not in a movie and I am not dumb enough to bring a car to high school and stand out even more," he replied, "I've already had enough of people pointing me out everywhere I go."

"Yeah whatever."

"I only have one helmet today so do you want this one or not?"

"Don't be sweet, keep it on." She climbed on behind him and held onto the metal grip behind, making sure not to hold onto him and he noticed that.

"Olivia, if you fall off, I will not stop and help you up," he remarked.

"Whatever. I am not touching you."

"You can hold onto my shoulder, saying for your own safety."

"I can tase you, so you better focus on your own safety," she warned.

"Try it and I will dash off with you fallen on the pavement," he snapped back.

She rolled her eyes wearily, her hand resting on his shoulder, "okay now when will you leave?"

However, her grip tightened as he didn't even answer and sped off, driving fast out of habit. He stopped by a coffee shop and it seemed as if he had a habit of coming there often as he only gave his thermos and the barista refilled it without any question, getting paid with a nice tip as well.

"Dude, you should cut down on coffee," she remarked as he came back.

"You should cut down on talking."

"You ain't finding the answers to your questions if I cut down on talking," she managed to put the last word in and Tim let it be, knowing it was futile arguing with her.

He drove over to the forest and after a while they reached the clearing where her bio-dome was concealed. But Tim stopped at a safe distance from it, taking off his helmet as he spoke, "I'm not going a step further until you deactivate those landmines."

She got off his bike, searching in her bag for the remote. But not finding it there, her face paled very slightly, "no, shit..."

"What now?"

"In my hurry, I forgot the remote in the house," she replied, taking a step back instinctively.

"So what? It's your house, you have to get in either way. Figure something out."

She knew the landmines only erupted if one stood there for long. And she also knew exactly where each landmine was located so it shouldn't be a problem for her to cross over without getting blown up.

She reached the invisible door and rang the bell, activating Vanya's security system. A second later, a heavy assortment of weapons had emerged from the tree behind, locking target on her.

Tim judged how long he should wait before trying to help her out. But then decided against it; it couldn't possibly be the first time she would have forgotten the remote inside and she would definitely know how to handle the situation better than him.

"Vanya, it's me. I forgot the remote control at home," she spoke up and Tim watched in surprise as another tiny appendage emerged, scanning Olivia's iris to make sure it was her.

"Scan complete. Welcome back, Olivia."

Olivia signaled that it was safe for him to come over so he parked his bike aside and came to the door, hoping nothing would erupt at his feet.