[10]

"I'm going out," she told him, lacing up her boots and picking up her coat, "I am setting up Vanya so that she'll let me in when I come back. You don't have to wait."

Bruce looked at the clock, noticing that it was rather late. But he didn't ask, feeling she would not want to be parented by him.

In a short while, it was silence all around as Olivia left.

He had heard bits and pieces from the phone call she had just made and for all he could guess, Tim was in trouble. All the excitement Olivia had had upon meeting the boy after such a long time had disappeared the second she had realized that he had approached her on an agenda.

And by the way she had left by then made it seem like he was in major trouble.

On the other hand, Olivia took the shortcut to the city, she preferred that route though she hadn't gone there very often. Tim had tried his best to put the matter off for later or at least for the next morning but she hadn't listened to him.

As a result, he was now waiting for her at a dingy little diner in the suburbs of Gotham. He could have come there as Red Robin but he hadn't touched the suit ever since the day he had gone with Steph to track Bruce's location.

Perhaps he was trying to stick to his word that he had quit until he would be able to bring Bruce back.

Olivia reached there in half an hour, overtly cautious of her new environment. She spotted him standing in a corner, feeling just as awkward to go in and sit.

"Olivia, I..." He spoke up soon as he saw her but her index finger rested over his lips lightly, making his voice trail off to silence.

"Shut up until we get a decent place to sit," she remarked, retrieving her hand as she stepped ahead of him, checking out the place.

It was quite late at night and people in the suburbs weren't up as late as the central district. So there weren't many people around them and she quickly found an isolated table in the corner where they would not be overheard.

He followed her as she made her way to the table and took a seat. She raised an eyebrow pointedly at him, making him sit down across from her as well.

"You're paying," she added and for a second he felt that she was referring that he would be paying for not telling her the actual reason he staged that encounter at the drugstore in the first place. "I meant the bill, whatever I'm eating, you'll pay for it."

"Oh right..." His blue eyes were cautiously observing her yet at the same time, feeling unnerved by her coldness.

After she had given the order and the waiter had left, she turned to face him, "now spill."

Tim didn't know where to start so he put forward the question they all wanted to know the answer to, "is Bruce staying at your place?"

"You put that like he has a choice," she rolled her eyes, making him even more worried, "if it wasn't for me, he would have died."

"So he is with you and you lied to us that day..."

"I lied once, you lied too, but I'll only call it even if you stop beating around the bush and come straight to the point," her eyes had narrowed in a warning, "were you guys stalking me?"

"Stalk is a strong word..."

"Keeping watch over me then? Waiting for when I'd lower my guard and you'll get your dad back because he must be in an oh-so-terrible situation, is it?"

He took in a deep breath, "in our defense, you were one of our suspects for keeping Bruce hostage."

"Then why did you not break into my place and check for yourself when you had the chance this morning?"