[41]

Faint beeping broke the silence she was engulfed in and then slowly, the darkness faded into light and that unbearable silence lessened. She seemed like she was still in a lethargic state, numbed by some heavy drug.

It made her panic at first, thinking that she was still in Gemma's captivity and that the whole scenario of the Bat vigilantes rescuing her had just been a dream. But as her senses gradually awakened, she saw that she was not in that dreaded hideout.

The place she was in currently looked like a hospital room and she was on a bed with an IV and heart rate monitor attached to her.

To lessen the numbness, she tried to move her hands around, feeling that there were bandages covering them as her hands had been cut when she had broken free from her ropes using that shard of glass. Gradually she was able to move and her right hand came in contact with something soft and fluffy, making her tilt her head to the side to see what it was.

She saw Tim's head placed close to her hand and he had gone to sleep by then, probably after hours of staying awake by her side. The soft fluffy thing she had touched was his brown hair falling over his forehead and she saw that he had gone to sleep in a rather uncomfortable position. He was sitting on the floor with his arms folded on the side of her bed, head resting on top.

He looked adorable and a soft smile flickered on her features to see him as such. Very carefully, she patted his head to wake him up, knowing that his current posture was horrible and he would probably get back ache if he stayed in that position for long.

She had just patted his head once when he sat up alert, shaken out of his sleep instantly.

"Ow," he mumbled as he straightened, feeling his backbone snap lightly into place.

But then seeing her awake, a sigh of relief escaped him and he dropped his head back on his folded arms, looking at her with a smile.

"Stop being cute," she mumbled, her hand reaching out to touch his face again as if making sure he was really there.

"In all honesty, I'm the least cutest thing to exist," he replied.

"Wrong," she let out a soft chuckle, seeing his pretty blue eyes glisten with relief that she was okay.

He carefully took her hand in his and sat up, pulling a chair closer to the bed. "How are you feeling now?"

"Lethargic," she replied, "but I'll get better soon."

"You definitely will, we're all going to take utmost care of you to ensure that."

"Thanks."

Her black eyes locked with his blue ones, softening into a look of relief and comfort. There had been a time not long ago when she had thought she might never get to see him again but thankfully that time had passed.

He was there with her, his comforting presence reassuring her that everything would be alright soon.

"I'm so so sorry, Liv," he spoke up, edging closer to her as he held her hand in his cautiously, "I couldn't get to you sooner because things were really confusing here. I... I was so confused too, not knowing whether to believe my eyes that told me you were with me or my heart that kept pointing out that the clone wasn't you."

She nodded, "I knew you would figure it out though. I trusted you."

"But it was so difficult," he admitted honestly, "do you know, I was so damn uncomfortable with her and it felt as if I was losing my mind... Because apparently, she was you but she felt nothing like you. It was as if I was constantly in a state of questioning my reality and you know I don't like it when I am not able to figure things out. I couldn't figure that out immediately either and it messed me up."