Chapter 6

Miles POV

The next day was pure torture.

The poor little thing was everywhere.

I saw her small form everywhere I looked. The only place I didn’t see her was the cafeteria.

She didn’t eat lunch again? Why? Wasn’t she hungry? Maybe she really didn’t have money to buy lunch. What kind of parents don’t give their child money for food? Maybe her mom packed her lunch. But why didn’t she eat it in the cafeteria?

Wait…

Why did I even fucking care? I didn’t.

“She is not here.” Blake said, drawing my attention to him.

“Who?” I asked, looking down at my plate.

“The new girl that looks like you.” Blake said. “I can’t believe that I missed all the fuss yesterday.”

I felt Max’s eyes on me, but I didn’t look up at him.

Other than that short conversation in the car after we dropped Zack off at his house, we didn’t talk about the girl anymore. I was fine with it. There wasn’t anything to talk about anyway.

“I wasn’t looking for her.” I mumbled angrily.

I heard Zack sigh, and I looked up at him.

“Shut the fuck up, Zack.” I said.

“I didn’t say shit.” Zack mumbled.

“What is that about?” Blake asked, looking from me to Zack.

I clenched my fists and tightened my jaw. I was too pissed off to answer.

“Zack keeps telling us that we should find out if that charity case girl is related to us.” Max answered for me. “He says that we will regret treating her like shit.”

“You will.” Zack said, leaning back in his chair. “She doesn’t deserve it.”

Anger exploded inside of me.

“Why the fuck not?” I asked, trying to stop myself from punching Zack. “Nobody asked her to come here. I want her fucking gone!”

“Give me one good reason why that bitch had to ask her if her dad ever hit her?!” Zack said, leaning forward and narrowing his eyes at me. “Tell me you didn’t want to punch the living shit out of Amy?”

“Amy asked what?!” Blake gasped.

I narrowed my eyes at Zack.

“It’s not my business if she gets abused.” I said through my teeth as I felt my heart clench painfully. “It’s not my business if she is poor. She is fucking affecting my life, and I want her gone.”

Zack clenched his fists and tightened his jaw.

“Leave Milo alone.” my brother sighed. “He is right. Her life is none of our business.”

Zack looked at Max angrily before he stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria.

“What the fuck is his problem?” Max mumbled, looking after Zack.

“Maybe he likes her.” Blake snickered.

Anger exploded inside of me.

“That poor, ugly, little thing?” I said mockingly. “There is nothing to like there.”

“Holy fuck, Milo.” Blake sighed, rolling his eyes. “Chill the fuck down. The girl didn’t do shit to you.”

I clenched my fists and tightened my jaw. I wanted to punch something. I wanted to punch someone.