Chapter 30

Jeffrey POV

"What the fuck happened?!" my brother screamed as Tamara and I entered his house.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"How could you let it happen?!" Richard screamed. "How could you let that girl live?!"

I glanced at my father, who was sitting in the armchair with a pissed-off look on his face.

"She is alive?" my father asked quietly.

His voice was cold, and it sent shivers down my spine.

"Yes." I nodded. "The boys found her."

"Fuck!" Richard screamed as he started pacing around the room.

"How the fuck could you let that happen, Jeffrey?" my father asked angrily. "You should have made sure that no one found her. You should have made sure that she died on the side of the road. You should have killed her yourself!"

I clenched my fists angrily.

I wanted to, but Tamara stopped me. She was too fucking soft. She should have let me kill the child.

"I wanted to." I said, tightening my jaw. "Tamara stopped me."

My father and brother looked at her angrily.

"Fucking women." my brother mumbled as he continued pacing around the room.

"How in the hell was I supposed to know that she would live?" Tamara sighed. "She was a stupid little girl. I don’t even know how the fuck she managed to survive."

Oh, how I wished that I could just go back in time and kill the child. I should have killed her the day she was born. I should have killed Tamara’s parents along with her.

"I guess that she isn’t as stupid as you think she is, Tamara." my father mumbled.

My wife sighed and sat down on the couch.

"Your parents softened you." my father continued. "They weakened you. When I first met you, I was sure that you were the right woman for my son. I am not so sure that’s the truth anymore. Maybe you are just like Christine."

Christine was my brother’s wife. She divorced him right after Ryan was born. She despised our way of life. She wanted Ryan to be a girl. My brother hated her for it, and he was relieved after Ryan was born. Samuel and Ryan lived with their mother until she died a few years later.

"I am nothing like that traitor." Tamara said angrily. "I would have killed that stupid child if I knew that she was going to survive."

I would have killed her too. I would have killed her the moment she was born. I should have killed her the moment she was born.

We didn’t even know that we were going to have a daughter. She was hiding behind her brothers at every scan we went to, and we could never determine her gender. I was hoping that she was a boy until the very last second.

Unfortunately, my wishes didn’t come true. Telling my father and brother that I had a girl was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I would never forget the disappointment on their faces.

"Let’s just hope that you will get a chance to fix your mistake, Tamara." my father said coldly.

"Do you have a plan?" Richard asked as he sat down next to my wife. "What the fuck are we going to do? We can’t let them take this to court."

I scoffed, making Richard look at me.

"Do you think that we are going to lose against your son?" I asked mockingly. "He will never be able to prove anything."

"Of course not." Richard said angrily. "Ryan is a mediocre lawyer at best. I just don’t want our name tarnished and dragged through the media."

"Your brother is right." my father said. "We can’t let it get to court."

I clenched my fists. They were right. Court wasn’t an option.

"What should we do?" I asked as I started pacing around the room.

"What we should have done 13 years ago." my father said. "We are going to kill the girl."

I looked at him and smirked.

"There is no point in dragging this issue out." my father sighed. "Hire someone to get her here. We will prepare the basement and get rid of her."

"What about the boys?" Richard sighed. "They seem very protective of her."

They definitely were. I’ve never seen my boys so angry. I’ve never seen them so distraught.

"They will accept it." my father sighed. "They barely know her. How attached could they be?"

Tamara looked up at me and raised an eyebrow.

"They are very attached." I mumbled, making my brother and father look at me. "We are going to have a problem with them."

My father sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Where the fuck did you two go wrong with them?" he asked, glaring at my brother and me. "How the fuck didn’t you manage to teach them our values?"

I wondered the same thing. I always told my boys that men were the pillars of our society. I told them that they should be proud of not having a female in our bloodline. I didn’t know why they grew up the way they did.

"It’s my biggest shame, father." I mumbled.

"As it should be." my father said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What are we going to do with the boys?" Richard sighed.

"I am going to talk to them." my father said. "I am their grandfather. They respect me. I will make them see that getting rid of that girl is the best thing for our family."

I took a deep breath and released it slowly. I hoped that my father could make them see reason. I hoped that our boys would listen to him.

"We should take the girl after you’ve talked to them." my brother said. "I’m sure that the talk will be successful, and we wouldn't even need to hire anyone. The less people know about our affairs, the better."

My father wanted to respond, but Tamara interrupted him.

"No." she said. "We should take her immediately. You didn’t see the boys. We have to be prepared that the talk won’t go well."

I agreed with my wife.

"I agree." I said. "You didn’t see the boys. We need to take her immediately. We can talk to them after."

My father sighed and nodded.

"Okay." he said. "Hire someone. I want her in my basement first thing tomorrow morning."

I nodded and watched as my father stood up and left the living room.

"Call Diego." I told my brother. "We can’t screw this up."

I would get rid of the girl.

For good this time.