Chapter 43

Ryan POV

"Oh, thank fuck." I mumbled as I ran my hand over my face.

"It’s over, love." Will said softly. "They are in custody."

"All of them?" I asked. "My dad, Maddie’s parents, and our grandfather?"

I needed to be sure that the police found them all. I needed to be sure that not one of those fuckers managed to escape.

"Yes, my love." Will said. "All four of them are sitting in our cars right now."

I looked at Sam and nodded. He sighed in relief.

"Thank you so much, Will." I said, feeling the need for him grow. "I will never forget this."

Will chuckled, making my heart skip a beat.

"I expect something wonderful as a payment." he said, teasingly. "A nice dinner and some alone time with my boyfriend."

I blushed and glanced at Sam and Zack. I was going to get him back for this.

"Of course." I said, trying to stay calm.

I would give him whatever he wanted, not just because he took care of the people that I hated the most, but because I loved him so fucking much. I couldn't wait for some time alone with him. I couldn't wait to feel his arms around me and kiss his soft lips.

"There is another issue I need to talk to you about." I said, clenching my fists tightly.

"What’s wrong?" he asked worriedly. "Is Maddie okay? Are you okay?"

Warmth spread through my body. He cared about Maddie so much, and he hadn’t even met her yet.

"Maddie knows about the videos." I sighed.

"Fuck, Ryan, why did you tell her?" he mumbled, and I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

I could imagine him running his fingers through his hair. He always did that when he was nervous. I wanted to be there to do it for him.

Fuck.

I needed to focus.

I gulped and looked at my brother. He had a pissed-off look on his face.

"We didn’t tell her, Will." I said. "She knew that he was filming her. She said that he threatened her with the photos and the videos. She said that he threatened to publish them."

There was a moment of silence before Will cursed loudly.

"Fuck!" he shouted, and I heard a loud thud. "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"No." I said, shaking my head and keeping my eyes on my brother. "I need you to find out if the fucker did it. I need to take it down if he did. I don’t want some perverted sick fuckers to watch my baby being…"

My voice broke. I couldn't finish.

I felt tears in the corners of my eyes. I took a deep breath and released it slowly.

"I will do everything to take them the fuck down if the fucker really did put them online." Will said angrily. "Don’t worry, my love. I will do everything to protect your little girl."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and I looked down at the table.

"Thank you, Will." I mumbled quietly.

"I love you, Ryan." he said softly. "I know that you can’t say it back right now, but I need you to know that I love you so fucking much."

"I know." I mumbled.

I wanted to tell him that I loved him too, but Sam and Zack were right next to me.

Will took a deep breath.

"There is something else, love." Will mumbled quietly.

My heart stopped. I looked up at Sam. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked, gulping down the growing lump in my throat.

"Maddie will probably have to testify in court." Will said. "We don’t have solid evidence like we did with her foster parents. We will need her testimony, especially about what happened when they kidnapped her."

I saw fucking red.

I knew that there was a possibility of that, but I was hoping that it wouldn't have to come to that.

"What about the recordings I sent you?" I asked. "That has to be enough."

Sam understood the problem. He clenched his fists and mumbled a few quiet curses. Zack understood too. I saw his jaw clench. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"You are a lawyer, my love." Will said. "You know the answer to that question."

I did.

The defense could easily argue that the recordings were tampered with. In this day and age, you could use technology to do everything.

"Fuck." I mumbled, lowering my head and trying to take a deep breath.

"Don’t worry, love." Will said. "Maddie will do great. She is a very brave and smart girl. She will be okay."

I tightened my jaw.

I heard the backdoor open, and I looked up. The triplets walked back inside, holding hands. Max and Milo were smiling. Maddie looked relieved.

My heart broke. I would have to tell them about the trial, and that would surely wipe the smiles and peace off their faces.

"I will do whatever I can to speed up the process." Will said. "I want this over with as soon as possible so that little girl can live in peace. She deserved it."

She sure fucking did.

"Talk to Judge Stephenson." I said. "Convince him that it would be best to speed up the trial. Tell him how bad he will look once the press finds out that his best lawyers are on trial for kidnapping. Tell him that it is in his best interest not to wait for the story to spread."

"Of course." Will said. "I will call as soon as I have some information."

"Thank you, Will." I said softly.

"You are welcome." he said. "I love you. I will talk to you soon."

Oh, fuck, I wanted to tell him that I loved him too, so fucking much.

"Goodbye, Will." I mumbled as I hung up the phone and looked up at my siblings.

"What did he say?" Max asked as soon as I hung up the phone.

I took a deep breath and glanced at my baby. She had a worried look on her face.

"Addie will have to testify in court." I said.

Addie’s eyes widened. Milo gasped. Max tightened his jaw.

"Why?" Max asked angrily. "You gave them the recordings. They have everything they need to lock the fucker up for good."

I sighed and looked at Max. He pulled Maddie into a tight hug.

"The defense will argue that the recordings were tampered with." I said. "That evidence could be thrown out. Prosecution will need Maddie’s testimony."

Maddie took a deep breath and looked up at Max.

"It will be okay, baby." I said as I stood up and approached her. "We will be there for you every step of the way."

Maddie looked up at me and gave me a small nod. I could tell that she was scared, and it made my heart hurt.

I bent down and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

"I love you, Addie." I mumbled quietly.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, making me smile. I hugged her back and took a deep breath.

Everything would be okay. I would make sure of it.