Twenty-one

Ivy's POV.

We walked into our science class and sir wasn't in yet. I took my seat and pulled out my phone. Eliza and Tyriq sat with all the boys, Chris included.

As I scrolled my messages Eliza calls me over. I wake up careful not to hit my desk with my thighs or stomach. Big girl insecurities.

I walked over to then shoving my phone in my pocket. They all were talking about having a small bring and share thing with lots of alcohol. I loved drinking but I regret my life choices and the day I drank when I am sober the next.

I stayed quite as they all spoke, Eliza was going to make some dessert and all the guys were buying alcohol and food, I was the only one left.

"so what are you contributing?" Clinton asks mocking me as he looks at me down up.

"maybe just honoring you with my presence" they all look at me shocked. I don't talk back often at least not to them.

"I'll make something and get some beers" I tell them

"amazing! and bring Jay along" Eliza tells me with a huge smirk on her face.

"yeah I will" I smile as all the boys give me this look.

I take my seat again as the lesson started. The party was taking place this Sunday I didn't mind going but I already said that Jay was going to come, question was would he come with?

....

After science was lunch and we walked to the steps sitting down. I took a slice of my ham sandwich and gave the rest to my friends.

They all spoke more about the party and Dayna said she would also be there, she was making some kind of cocktail thing.

I sat there quite knowing that I am not sure if Jay is coming with.

The day passes by and it's finally time to go home, I walk home alone seeing Jay wasn't here.

I reach home and see mom getting ready.

"where are you going?" i ask her

"to the hospital, you coming?" i nod and drop my bag on the couch walking out with mom.

We reach the hospital and I see Jay's truck in the parking lot. He didn't wait for me today.

"mom I'll meet you in dad's room just now" I tell her walking off to see Jason.

I walk into the room to see Jason laying down with an oxygen mask on him and Jay sitting besides him.

"hi" I walk in patting Jason's hair.

"hey" Jay's voice was raspy, he was crying.

"is he okay? What happened?"

"he had his operation today because he got sick this morning. He is doing much better but not long ago he woke up crying he was in pain because of the wound. They gave him medication and he is sleeping again"

"that's amazing Jay, this boy is so strong and gorgeous just like his big brother" I walk over to Jay, before I could hug him he wraps his huge arms around me hugging me.

"thank you" his words meant everything to me.

"you're most welcome but I didn't do anything, it's all you"

I sit with him for a while before going to see dad. I walk into dad's room and see him and mom talking.

"hey dad, how you holding up now?" I ask sitting on the chair next to him.

"not to bad, you? " he asks

"ehhh"

We talk for a while and mom asked me about Jay and how he and his brother was. I told her what had happened and she felt bad.