Twenty-two

Ivy's POV

Last night Jay left me home and went to his place after. I woke up feeling better, I saw mom sleeping and I decided to make her some breakfast since this week has been hard on us all.

I brush my teeth and wrap myself in my purple fluffy robe and go to the kitchen. I grab three eggs and crack them in a bowl mixing it up. I slice up some cheese and keep it aside. I pop some nuggets in the air fryer and when it was done I kept that aside.

I preheat the frying pan and put the whisked eggs in the pan. I flip it over and then add the cheese and the nuggets and then sandwich it with the other half of the egg. The smell was so tasty that I had to make one for myself. I prepared some coffee for mom and some tea for me.

I place the food on the plate and the coffee on the table and go to wake mom up.

"motherrr wake uppp I made you breakfast" I tell her.

She stirs in her sleep smiling as she slowly gets out of bed.

"did you really make me breakfast?" she asks with a smile

"yes now freshen up and go eat... I'll be there already devouring my food"

She laughs and goes to the bathroom. I walk to the kitchen and sit down and take a sip of my tea. I open my food and see a message from dad.

I open it and he said that he was hungry and hospital food sucks. I couldn't help but laugh at his message I reply to him and check my other messages, it was from Jay. I began blushing at his good morning message.

I replied with a message and took a selfie for me in my robe and sent it to him.

He replied with a picture of him at the gym holding a weight. My eyes widen at the picture. I zoom in on his biceps and my gosh was I shocked. Talk about sleeper build.

"oouhh that looks amazing" I put my phone down and look at mom and we begin eating and talking. Being with my mom just felt like therapy.

...

After breakfast I cleaned up and mom helped me. I walked to my room and sitting at the table going through Instagram when I saw Jay's name pop up on the screen. I answer the call.

"hey you" my voice soft

"hey mama, what you doing?"

"I was scrolling on Instagram, HEYY... speaking of are you Instagram?"

"nope I don't like all that, social media is a no for me"

"you're not joking with me? you really aren't on Instagram or like anything?"

"no you can even go through my phone. I literally only have 10 contacts including you"

My insides jumped with joy. This man could not have been anymore perfect. He is everything I loved.

"not to sound weird but I like that you don't have any social media apps"

"why is that Ivy?" I can sense his smile

"because it's just better, to know you're mine alone... you know"

"I do"

We spoke about more things than just social media and I asked him how Jason was doing and we made plans to go to the hospital later on.

I hang up and open my clothes to take a shower. I play the song Drive you insane as I wash my hair and body.

I step out and dry myself and slip into my panty and bra. I step infront of the mirror and look at my body.

My eyes rake over my arms, stomach, thighs, my boobs.

I see my tattoo on my thigh, it looks so perfect so beautiful, the faded marks made by myself that lightly show.

I have actually healed so much within a week. I think how that seemed impossible just a few days ago.

°
°
VOTE AND COMMENT
°
°
°