#1

THREE WEEKS AGO:

A man was standing on an old concrete bridge. The river was flowing slowly under the bridge. His name was Rohit Khurana who was in his mid thirties and had a sharp haircut. He was there as if he was waiting for someone.

As he kept looking at the flow of river, a car stopped by him. Sub Inspector Amar Das stepped out of the car and came to him. He was in his late thirties and had his uniform.

Amar said, " I guess you've waited too long just for a three minutes meeting. "

Rohit turned to him and asked, " Where is the file? "

Amar shook his head and chuckled.

" I have got no file. But I have got something else for you that might interest you actually. "

Amar took out a folded cheque from his pocket and gave it to Rohit. He unfolded the one and saw the amount on cheque.

He said, " Eight lakhs might be a good offer for you to keep your mouth shut but for me it's just a six digit number. "

Rohit tore the cheque and threw it away from the bridge.

Amar chuckled, " You still don't understand, Rohit. The people against whom you are standing are not like you and me. They won't tolerate you if you take any further step ahead. "

Rohit interrupted, " I have lost my son. My wife. And they are the people who are responsible for their death. "

" But you've got no evidence. How you are going to prove that? "

" I got it. I got it. You too. Okay, I understand. "

Rohit understood what Amar actually meant by what he said and decided to just walk away as there was nothing fruitful to talk to him.

Rohit left the bridge and went to his bike which was parked at the end of bridge. He ignited his bike and left the bridge. Amar made a call on his phone.

The caller attended the call.

Amar said, " No. He hasn't taken the cheque. "

" Do as I say now. "

" Got it sir. "

Rohit poured some sugar from a pouch in his coffee while sitting inside a cafe. He began to scroll down on a social media app in his phone while having the coffee. A short video appeared on the app featuring the advertisement of a local private detective agency called, ' WHITE EYE '.

He knew he had no way to bring his opponent to justice if he simply approach the local police that's why he had to take a further step to hire a detective.

He clicked on the link in the caption of the video and wrote down the contact details in his pocket diary.

Rohit parked his bike in the lawn of his house at night. He entered his house with phone on his ears. He was talking to Diya, the private detective.

He shut the door while talking to her.

Rohit asked, " What would you like to suggest? "

" I am just asking you to write a mail to the human rights commission regarding the concern. Once they review your complaint, the case will carry more weight on the opposition. "

" Thank you. But when shall I meet you? "

" I'll be there at your house by noon. "

Rohit hung up the call. There was his family photograph with his wife, Kiara and his five year old son, Aryaman. An army medal was in a small showcase of the wall.

He sat on his dining table with laptop and logged into the human rights commission website to lodge the complaint. As it was the government owned website, the NHRC website too took a long time to open.

Rohit kept tapping his fingers on the table till the website was fully loaded. He kept looking at the screen and was growing impatient because of the slow website.

The doorbell rang. He opened the door where it was Amar on the side with two more men behind him, Sadiq and Nakul. They both were in their early forties.

Rohit asked, " What's wrong now? It took three men to fetch a file. "

" For how long you'll keep go after a file. Won't you first invite your guests. They are new to you. "

He allowed them to move in. Amar came near to the dining table where he got his eye on the laptop screen.

" It's a nice one. "

He picked up the laptop.

Amar asked, " What brand it is? "

Rohit asked, " Why you are here? "

Amar kept looking at the laptop and dropped it from his hand. The screen was broken by the fall.

He apologized him in a funny way.

" I am sorry! "

Rohit began to step towards Amar in an anger who looked at Sadiq and gestured with his eyes. Sadiq took out his knife. Nakul grabbed Rohit's mouth from behind and Sadiq stabbed the knife on his waist. Rohit groaned but couldn't make noise as his mouth was covered.

Sadiq pulled out the knife again and stabbed on his right leg which made Rohit to fall on his knees. Nakul pushed him to the table. Amar banged Rohit's head on the table and shot him on his parietal. The blood stains were splattered on the table, walls and the photograph.

Amar came out of the house with the two assassins. Two black dirt bikes were parked behind Amar's car. Sadiq and Nakul ignited their dirt bikes and left. Amar took out his cigarette and began to smoke.

He texted a message to his contact. He sat inside his car and left. Rohit's mobile phone was kept by Amar on the passenger seat.

PRESENT DAY:

Early evening. There were no more than a dozen of people on the fifth platform of the railway station including the housekeeping staff and snacks vendor. It was the last platform of the station and there was a back way exit of the railway station near the platform.

A local passenger train arrived at the platform. Faraz, a man in his thirties walked out of the coach with a small orange packet in his hand.

As he walked ahead a male voice interrupted him.

" It must be a tough day today. You have travelled a lot actually. "

Faraz got baffled for a while and then turned around where it was the man standing at a distance away from him. The man every bad guy should fear of as he may become the worst nightmare for those guys.

Special Vigilance Bureau special agent Arjun Sinha was standing there in his half light coloured T-shirt and trousers with a handgun in his holsters.