#25

Siddhant was sitting at a park bench. He was smoking a cigarette. Around a dozen of smoked cigarettes were kept on the ground. He might had been thinking about his deceased wife. He felt a pat on his shoulder. He turned to see where it was Shivraj Patel behind him.

With a smile he came forward and sat by him.

He said, " I understand how you might be feeling right now. It's a sorrow which can't be forgotten no mater how much you try to heal yourself. "

Siddhant nodded as he agreed but Shivraj could read his questionable face.

He introduced himself to Siddhant.

" I am Shivraj Patel. "

Siddhant had a bell rang in his head after hearing the name.

" Are you the one? "

" Yes my son. I used to work with your father in law in the business. Later on I moved to Malaysia to assist my uncle for his stock market business. "

" Oh. I have heard about you from him but never seen you. "

" Well, because you are son in law of my close friend I am going to offer you something. "

Siddhant nodded and sighed. He looked at the ground.

Shivraj continued, " A job. But not here. Malaysia. "

Siddhant looked at him. He was stunned and a bit baffled to hear him.

Shivraj said, " It's true my son. You should come with me now to start over and better in your life. "

" Mr. Patel, it would be an honour to work under you but I am not going anywhere until I see the culprit. "

Shivraj tapped his back again.

" Son, do you remember about your father in law. He was too killed but we have no clue about the culprit. "

" There can be some sort of reason why the culprit couldn't be traced but I have personally met the officer who is investigating the case. Mr. Sinha has exposed the intentions of my secretary who was going to frame me along with her boyfriend. I believe him. "

Shivraj huffed and chuckled.

" It's upon you son. "

Shivraj stood and left the park with his secretary Ariana.

Chetna served Arjun a mango shake
in a glass and sat before him at her dining room. Arjun had a sip and kept the glass on the table.

He asked, " Is it home made? "

" Yep. "

" Dipti and me had got the news next morning. A stranger had spotted the body initially. The report was filed and I was the one who was interrogated by the investigators. They were suspecting because I was the one who had called him last. "

" Who else did they investigate? "

" I am not even sure whether the investigation was carried on further or not. The killer couldn't be found but Dipti was stating that Ahmad is behind the killings. "

" Saeed Ahmad? "

She nodded.

" Daddy's partners Mr. Grover and Mr. Shivraj Patel have always been in close contact with Ahmad. They were not in favour of the school and always wanted to use it as a medium of making profit rather than a charity organization. "

" Grover had organised a charity event recently. And I believe the larger portion of the amount has been kept in the company's account. "

" He had began to organize such events after daddy's death. Dipti had attended such events earlier. She had always told me that the event was just a medium to raise funds for his own company rather than the school. "

Navika had a conversation with Arjun over the phone when he was at Gopal's flat where Gopal was having bun which was brought by him. He was standing at his balcony.

She said, " I have came through some photographs which I have sent you on your office email. Niranjan Grover was seen in numerous events organised by Ahmad who possess a number of criminal charges against him and his son who is in Muscat right now. "

" Chetna was right. Grover might had asked Ahmad to execute Roshan and he might be behind Dipti's murder. "

" It was Sadiq who killed her. "

" Who is he? "

" He used to work on contract. He had been following me for days since I came through Amar Das. Amar was in constant contact with Sadiq from whom I have recovered some cash inside an envelope which had Dipti's photograph too. "

When Navika had shot Sadiq she did recover his phone from his possession. She even had went to the squash court where she recovered his bag from his personal locker. She took a packet with a bundle of cash and Dipti's photograph.

" Did you check the company's statements? "

" Upto three years ago the company was making a nominal amount of profit. The larger portion of profit was transferred to the school for its maintenance. When Mr. Roshan Arya died, the company began to make a substantial amount of profit. "

" How? "

" I went through their accounts but they have mentioned the names of clients of whose information couldn't be found. "

" Maybe there are no such clients. They have been getting the proceeds from the ransom they have extorted by kidnapping the children of the school. "

Navika understood what he wanted to say.

She said, " To make more money, they found a way by kidnapping the children and extorting money from their parents. "

" Exactly. For this job, they appointed Manbir through Saeed Ahmad. Manbir was the one responsible for kidnapping and extorting the ransom amount. I still believe there is someone from school who is involved in this act. "

" Who could it be? "

" If I am right it's none other than him. "

Mr. Tyagi showed Arjun's photo in his tablet to Niranjan and Rastogi in the school. He might had clicked the photo when he was going to accounts section.

Niranjan asked, " Did he tell you what he knows? "

" He knows about the kidnapping. And then he asked to check the accounts. He was suspecting the management that's why I told him about your charity event. "

Rastogi said, " Faraz knew him. He had arrested Manbir. "

Niranjan hummed.

Niranjan said, " Let's see how far he goes. "

" Shall I contact Mr. Ahmad? "

" Ask him to arrange a lawyer for Manbir? "

Manbir walked out of the prison. He went to Rastogi who was waiting for him outside by a car in the late evening.

Manbir sat on the back seat and Rastogi on the passenger seat. The driver drove the car to point where a van was parked at roadside.

Rastogi said, " There is a gun and a phone inside the van. Nakul will contact you on the number. "

Manbir nodded and came out of the car. He sat inside the van and opened the glove box in which he saw a gun and a phone inside.

He shut the box, ignited the engine, geared it up and began to drive.