#20

Arjun was sitting before Chetna in her office.

She told him, " Siddhant was like that even before his marriage. I was his senior in the college. He was dating me when I came to know about him that he was involved with three other girls. "

" How did he meet your sister? "

" Once I took him home to introduce him to Dipti that's when it all started. "

" Siddhant was in relationship with his secretary, Ishita that's why you suspect him that he might he have killed Dipti. "

" He can't handle a gun on his own but he is cunning. He might have paid someone to get her killed which is why no evidence can be presented against him. "

" That's why we have to find the killer. Maybe Siddhant is innocent and there is someone else who is playing the game. "

" I am sure you will definitely find the one but I believe he must have connection with Siddhant. "

" I'll see that. Well, we haven't found any criminal record of him but we are still observing his action. "

She considered.

He asked, " Well, what does your husband do in Hawaii? "

She was a bit perplexed and didn't know how he came to know about her husband.

He said, " The calendar, actually. "

The calendar on her table had a Hawaii beach scenery at the background.

She huffed.

" He doesn't work there actually. He just go once in a year to visit his cousin there. "

" Oh! Quiet impressive. Is a lawyer too. "

" He is a civil rights lawyer. "

" Is he still working on something? "

She sighed, " I have no idea about his work and clients. "

" I am literally sorry for that. I just went a bit deeper. I would definitely like to meet him. "

" I'll get you informed once he comes back. "

Diya played a sound recording device before Arjun in her office. The device played an audio clip which had conversation between Ishita and Vidyut in her home. The clip ended after a minute.

Diya said, " They wanted to frame Mr. Awasthi but they failed. "

He nodded.

He said, " And now they are going to present a witness against who has never seen him. "

" The man was beaten by two goons last night before he left the site. He is someone who can lead us to the truth. "

She showed him photographs of Vidyut and Ishita which she had clicked the night before.

Navika had Sadiq's phone before her while she was sitting in her which was parked by a shopping mall. She recieved a text message from Amar Das on the phone.

' Where you are going to recieve the cash? '

She texted an address as a reply.

Anchal came out of building with a trolley bag in her hand. There was a luggage carrying vehicle outside. With the help of the driver, she loaded the bag on the vehicle which was already loaded with Vidisha's and her luggage.

Vidisha locked the door of the flat.

A bike driven by Chetan stopped at a distance away from the vehicle. His friend Durjoy was sitting behind him.

Durjoy said, " The girl is going somewhere. "

" I have been trying to propose since she has came to the city. And now she is leaving. "

" Just say sorry to her and take her number. "

" Will she agree for the number? "

" If not try to ask her the full name and then search her on social media. That's another option. "

" Right. It's a good option. "

" First. Talk to her. "

Chetan was about to ignite his bike, but he was stunned to see Vidisha when she came out of building.

Durjoy said, " She is alive. You had told me that your brother has got her killed along with the man who had ruined our party. "

Chetan looked at him and then took out his phone. He dialled his brother Devendra's number but the call was busy. He tried again but in vain.

Devendra packed his bag while he was having a conversation with a senior party member Saeed Ahmad over the phone. He was ambling on the terrace of his bungalow.

Ahmad said, " By eliminating Shankar, you have made a way for all of us. "

Devendra chuckled.

" He was suffering from tuberculosis for a long time. I just freed him from the one he was suffering. "

Ahmad picked up a cashew from a bowl and ate it.

" The party was too suffering because of him. He was not letting anyone to come forward. "

" His exploits were coming out one by one in media because of which the party was getting discredited. "

Ahmad hummed and began to move downstairs.

He said, " I too had a number of exploits but never got it publicized. "

" Indeed Ahmad sir. But you are going to lead the party now. "

"Anyway, whatever happened, happened for good. Just stay away from media for a while. "

" Just explain the driver what statement he has to give. "

" The driver is our men. He'll deal with them. "

Devendra chuckled and hung up the call. He looked at his phone where he had three missed calls from Chetan. He smelt something fishy and called him back.

An SUV driven by Amar Das entered the basement of a shopping mall. He parked the SUV and came out with an orange packet in his hand. He made a call to Sadiq. He heard a ringing sound of a phone which he realised was somewhat nearby him.

He went ahead to see the phone. The phone was kept behind a pillar. Das was stunned to see the phone. He picked it up  in which the screen was displaying his own name.

Navika held him from his back and rammed him to the wall. He dropped the phones on the ground to fight her but she held his hand, kicked him on his stomach and pushed him back. He rammed to a car and groaned in pain.

Before he could take his gun out, she pulled out her gun and pointed towards him.

" Turn around with your hands up. "

Das raised both of his hands up and turned around towards the car. She slowly came to him, pulled out his gun and kept it with her.

She cuffed his hands with the SUV's back door.

Das asked, " Why this? "

" What do you know about Aniruddh's murder? Who had called him that night? "

He said, " You won't get your answer by arresting me. "

" How did you get that number? Who is backing you? "

" You are not going to leave me now because you have come to know about my involvement in the thing. But if Aniruddh had paid the ransom that day, he would be alive today. "

" You work for Manbir? "

" We both work for someone else. "