#11

Inspector Ghosh came to Devendra.

" Come inspector. Please have a seat. "

Ghosh remained still for a while and then sat beside him on the swings.

Shankar interrupted him.

" Mr. Pandey. "

Devendra said, " Bedroom on the upstairs. All arrangements have been made for you. "

Shankar chuckled and went inside the bungalow.

" Inspector, would you like to have something. Tea, coffee, drinks? "

" Thanks for the offer but I actually prefer my own home made tea. And I don't drink during office hours. "

Devendra nodded.

" I see. "

He had a sip of his tea.

Ghosh asked, " Can I ask you why I have been brought here? "

" You should answer mine first. Have you ever seen your closed ones on a hospital bed? "

Ghosh sighed heavily.

He said, " I have seen my father during his last days there. I used to be with him everytime. "

Devendra chuckled, " You know inspector, I saw my younger brother today in the hospital. He was lying on the bed, bleeding from his nose. He was helpless. Seeing him made my soul trembled. "

" I understand. "

" Come. Let me show you something. "

Chetan was lying on the bed with his injured nose which had a bandage upon it.

Devendra asked, " Is it still paining, brother? "

" It's a bit lower but still paining. "

He told Ghosh, " Look at him, what he did it to him. "

Ghosh nodded.

Ghosh asked, " He'll be recovered soon from the injury. "

" I believe he will be able to do that but not me. "

" Why? "

" Because he is my brother, inspector. And you are going to help me in this job. "

" What kind of job you are talking about? "

Devendra came to him and gave him a white slip on which something was written.

He said, " Do it for me and get the payment. "

" I haven't worked for someone to cater my personal needs. "

" Take it as a part of your duty. That's what the most of your officers do in your department. "

Devendra looked at his wrist watch.

" Oh! It's time for his capsule. "

He went to the drawer to get the capsule.

Arjun faced his boss, Sakshi Mehra in her cabin. He was standing still by the table with his hands folded behind his back. She was standing by her table with a pen in her hand.

She told him, " Why did you have to mess with those people? You should have known who they were. "

" I don't care who they were or how influential they are. I did what I believed was right. "

" Maybe you don't care about what you have done but the department does. "

She came near to the window and looked outside for a while. She turned around.