#22

FEW DAYS BEFORE ANIRUDDH'S MURDER:

A retail stationery store was built in an uncrowded region of the city. The store was owned by Vidit Mehrotra who was in his early forties. He was going through the bills of sale when he received a call from Amar Das.

He attended the call.

Amar said, " I had called you two hours back to get me a new number. Where is the girl? "

" Hasn't she reached there? "

" Am I crazy to call you unnecessarily? Call her and take the phone on conference. "

Iti was in a cafe with her boyfriend Ravi who was the only brother of Vidit. Ravi gave her a license copy of Vidyut.

She asked, " Who is he? "

" The trainer in my gym. "

" Oh! Is he that guy who has lost your money? "

Ravi nodded.

" And he is not returning it. I have talked to some people who can recover money from him at any cost. Before that I want you to sell that SIM card in his name. "

She picked up the license copy from the table. She recieved a call from Vidit.

She said, " It's your brother. "

" Pick it up. "

She attended the call. Ravi tapped on the loudspeaker icon and kept the phone on table.

Vidit asked, " Iti, what's this? Where are you? "

Ravi answered, " She's with me. "

" In the gym? "

" No. "

She said, " We are in a cafe. "

Amar interrupted who was on the conference.

" You should have gone on the date later. I have paid you for the number. "

Ravi said, " I have called her here. There is a change in customer's document. I am replacing it with another customer's ID. "

Amar said, " Does that make any difference? We are not using our own documents, what should we care about? "

Ravi chuckled.

" Wait a bit long Mr. Das. She'll be there in a moment. "

" Okay. I am hanging up the call but don't take it long. "

Iti said, " It won't. "

The caller hung up the call. Iti began to prepare to leave the cafe.

Ravi asked, " Where are you going? Cofee? "

She looked at the cofee cup which was half filled.

Vidyut clicked their photos who was standing outside the cafe outside a mechanic shop where his bike was being repaired.

PRESENT DAY:

Dipti's laptop which was inside Gopal's flat displayed the completion of process on it's screen.

Navika kept a file before Arjun on the table in the bureau. Arjun opened the file which had details of a girl named Iti Saraswat who was in her late twenties.

She said, " She is the girl about whom Vidyut has given statement. The record is two years old when she was accused of forgery. "

" And Ravi? Is he too involved."

She shook her head.

" Not as per records but he might be currently involved with her. I have found Ravi's contact details from Amar's call logs. Ravi's girlfriend Iti might had applied for a SIM card in the name of Vidyut through his documents and sold it to Amar. "