#16

Ishita was having snacks and coffee at the cafeteria of the company. Her handbag was kept on the edge of the table. Diya came before the table with a pineapple pastry on the table.

She asked, " May I sit here? "

Ishita looked up at her and nodded. Diya pulled the chair and sat before her.

After having a bite, Diya urged to ask something to her which Ishita understood and tilted up her head.

Ishita asked, " What? "

" I have heard about Mr. Awasthi's wife in media. "

" He is the one responsible for her death. "

" You mean he has killed her? "

" He is a womanizer. He keeps an eye on the woman around her. He has even spent a couple of nights with me. "

" You didn't tell anyone? "

" He has promised to marry me. I agreed because how can a woman reject a rich man's proposal? "

" Did Mrs. Awasthi know about both of you? "

Ishita sighed.

" I don't know. But her sister knows about us. "

" Oh! "

" She is a divorce lawyer and Siddhant used to visit her to proceed for the divorce. He even paid her the hefty amount but she didn't agree. "

Ishita had a bite of chips when her phone rang displaying the name of ' VIDYUT ' which was seen by Diya.

" Excuse me. " Ishita said.

She stood up with her phone and went to the washroom of the cafeteria. She attended the call.

Vidyut asked, " Anyone around? "

" No one is here. "

" Did he agree? "

" No. He wants the matter to cool down before the marriage. "

" What? You should ask him to get it done as soon as possible. "

" He has promised me. It won't take more than a quarter. "

" Get it done soon. "

" There is a problem. He is stating that he hasn't shoot her. "

" No. He is lying. "

" He has stated that he didn't even meet her that night. He even showed him the gun to me which was fully loaded. "

" You and your manager have gone crazy and you will drive me crazy too. Either marry him and get him framed or get my gun back. "

" Why do you want the gun back? "

" Because if he is right, then our plan doesn't mean anything now. I have to figure out something else for him. "

Diya was standing outside the washroom door to listen to her conversation. After hanging up the call, Ishita prepared to leave the washroom. As she came out, Diya was not outside.

She came to the table where Diya had just finished up her pastry.

While Navika was roaming around in the car, she got her eyes on a police SUV which was parked outside a diner. Inspector Das was sitting in front of Sadiq while they were having lunch.

Navika walked to them. Das turned up his head to her.

He asked, " Can I help you mam? "

" I used to think that police officers move out of their police station for patrolling. I was wrong. "