#14

As the van began to move, Vidisha got scared.

Arjun asked, " What happened? Why are you scared? "

" They won't leave us alive. You don't know him. If I knew that he was Devendra's brother I wouldn't have messed with him. "

" What you did was right. They won't harm you. "

She shook her head.

Arjun held the latch of the door from his cuffed hands and tried to open it up.

Devendra had his lunch in his room. His servant came to him with a blazer and a trousers.

" Sir, the clothes have been dry cleaned for the evening. "

" Okay. Hang it outside the cupboard. "

The servant went to his bedroom where he hanged the blazer and trouser on the handle of the cupboard.

Devendra washed his hands in washbasin. He then wiped his hands with a towel where Chetan appeared by him.

" Are you going at the function? "

" Any problem? "

" I want to go there too. "

He looked at his younger brother and sighed.

" Why? To squabble with someone again. "

Chetan chuckled, " You'll be there to defend me. "

Devendra chuckled and came to him.

He grabbed his cheeks.

" What do you think? Why do I defend your mess? Why do I get people murdered? Why? "

" To protect me. "

Devendra shook his head.

" No. Not for you. I do it to make people fear of me. To create fear among the opposition and above that, money. "

" I don't understand brother. "

Devendra smirked, " You'll get it once you grow up. But you are not invited tonight. We'll see next time. "

He tapped his cheeks and went to his bedroom.

On his way while driving the car, Ghosh received a call from Sub Inspector Falak, who was newly promoted in the branch.

Ghosh attended the call.

" Falak, I am driving right now. "

" Sir, there is a girl named Anchal. She has come to file a missing report of her roommate. "

" Go ahead. "

" She is stating that her roommate Vidisha has been missing since morning and her phone isn't reachable. "

" What's her address? "

The lady officer spelled the address where Vidisha and Anchal used to reside which made him realise that it's the same address from where he had received the complain of Chetan and his nagging buddies.

He soon hung up the call and took a U turn on the not so busy road.

Avesh and Aman were playing with soap bubbles stick outside their house while they were seen by Navika who was standing by the railings at the edge of the terrace. She was having tea while Raima was watering plants on the terrace.

Raima said, " After his death, I am not sending my children as I am afraid they can harm them too. "

Navika sighed and turned to her.