#4

As Vidyut drank water from his bottle, Ravi came and stood behind him. There was another gym goer who was looking the scene between the two, Prithvi Pathak.

Ravi said, " You have really got a rich client. "

Vidyut stopped drinking water and turned to him.

Ravi continued, " I am talking about the boy. Have you ever heard about his father? "

" Really? Does it actually matter whether the client is rich or poor because my fees is not variable as per the client. "

" But that doesn't mean you shouldn't return your three month old borrowings. "

Vidyut sighed, " Listen, Mr. Mehrotra. I have already made a promise that I will definitely pay you back. "

" That's all right but I heard something about your girlfriend. Ishita, right? She is your ex now actually. "

" Why you are talking like that? "

" Because I have heard about her affairs with her office colleague who happens to be her manager. "

Listening to the words made Vidyut a bit angry internally but he had no option rather than just walking out of the gym without making any rant.

He chuckled and told Ravi, " You don't have to care about her. You don't even have to care about me. You know why I am saying it to you? "

Ravi chuckled and shook his head.

Vidyut continued, " What were you doing with your client in the cafe diner? "

" What are you talking about? Which client? "

Vidyut chuckled. He drew out his phone from his bag and showed an image to Ravi. In the picture, Ravi was seen having a coffee with a girl in a cafe.

" She was your client three years ago. Am I right? "

" Why? "

" To keep you on track because you know you've really got a habit of butting in. Actually it was a coincidence. I was at the garage to get my bike serviced and the cafe was just there by the garage. So, I went to there to wait till my bike got serviced. I spotted both of you inside and realised she was not your wife. How could have I missed that golden opportunity? "

" You are such a cheap. "

" Oh! Really? What are you then? "

" Delete it. "

" Nope. "

" I said delete it now. "

" Not anyway Mr. Mehrotra. "

" I will throw you out of the job. "

" You really think it is going to work? No way. Remember. It's not going to be deleted from my phone. "

Ravi tried to snatch the phone but Vidyut grabbed his cheeks and rammed him to the wall.

Vidyut said, " Don't care about the picture. I am not going to share it anywhere. I know what kind of the girl she is. Only I have the factual evidence against her.  "

He left his cheeks.

Vidyut asked, " Do you understand? "

Ravi sighed and nodded his head.

Vidyut continued, " So from now don't ever ask me about your money. Well, that doesn't mean I won't pay back but once I get what I want I'll give it back to you. "

" What do you want? "

Vidyut chuckled. He went to his sports bike which was parked outside the gym. He sat on his bike with his bag. Before he ignited his bike, his phone beeped once. He took his phone out of his pocket where there was a chat notification on the screen. He sighed, kept his phone inside the pocket of his trousers and ignited his self start bike.

He left while Ravi kept looking at him through the glass door of the gym.

Arjun was standing by an egg storage section in a shopping store. He looked at the rates of the egg per dozen.

" The prices have risen up a lot. "

Navika came to him with a shopping basket in her hand. He looked inside the basket and picked up a cheese packet to see the price.

Navika said, " It's for the breakfast tomorrow. "

He kept the cheese back in the basket.

He asked, " Are you going to buy those eggs? "

" Yeah. Why not? "

" Look at the prices. "

" Come on Mr. Sinha, they are organic. They tend to be costly. "

" As you wish. "

Navika and Arjun came out of the shopping store to her car with a shopping bag in his hand. Navika unlocked the car and opened the back door where Arjun kept the bag at the back seat along with the bills.

A soothing music was playing on radio inside Anirudh's house. His twin kids, Avesh and Aman were sitting by the dining table as they were waiting for the dinner. The kids were banging plates with the spoon syncing with the beats of the music.

Anirudh came out of kitchen with a hot case in his hand while his wife, Raima was cooking mixed vegetables in a traditional container.

He told his kids, " Stop banging the plate. "

He served them one Indian bread each on their plates. Avesh whispered something in Aman's ear.

Anirudh asked, " What? "

Aman said, " He is asking me to turn on the TV. "

" No TV. Go to sleep after the dinner. From tomorrow I'll drop you at school. "

" But we have friends in bus. How will I talk to them? "

" Talk to them in school. You'll go with me. "

His phone rang which was kept in his pocket. He took out his phone, looked at the screen and kept the hot case on the table. He went to the verandah of his house outside and answered the call.

" Hello! "

He got no response for a couple of seconds.

" Hello! Who is on the line? "

" Mr. Anirudh Katkar? "

" I am speaking. May I know who is this? "

" This is Sub Inspector Amar Das from the sixth sector police station. I would like to talk about the kidnapping case of your children. It's a bit urgent. "

Anirudh scratched his forehead.

" Okay sir, I will be there in a moment. "

The call was hung up by the caller.

Anirudh went to his wardrobe, put on a shirt before his wife entered the room.

She asked, " Are you going somewhere? "

" There was a call from the police station. "

" Why? "

He left the room without considering it necessary to answer his wife. He sat inside his car and ignited his engine. As the headlights were turned on Sub Inspector Amar Das appeared before the car. The light was flashed over his face.

He had a unlit cigarette in his mouth. He came to Anirudh and sat on the passenger seat. Anirudh kept looking at him.

Amar asked, " Why you are looking at me? "

He showed his ID card.

He said, " I had called you a minute ago. "

Anirudh said, " I was coming to the police station sir. "

" We are not going to police station Mr. Katkar. Drive. "

Anirudh geared up the car and drove away.