#24

3 YEARS AGO:

Saeed Ahmad came downstairs of his bungalow to the living room of his first floor where Niranjan Grover and Shivraj Patel were sitting on the couch each having a cup of tea in front of them on the table. They stood up after seeing him. He saw them and the tea cup which was filled.

He asked, " You didn't have the tea? "

Niranjan said, " No, we both just had the tea in the morning. "

Shivraj added, " We had denied for the same to Saba mam. "

Saeed chuckled, " It's okay. "

He sat by them on other couch. The both visitors also sat down on the couch.

Saeed asked, " How is the business going on Niranjan? "

Niranjan huffed, " For the last few months the company is earning profit like a drop in the ocean. "

" Why? "

Shivraj added, " Our third partner has opened a school. "

" Roshan Arya? He was with you. Why he is going for the stuffs like that? "

Niranjan said, " And the school fees is too nominal. Our business is not that old Mr. Ahmad which is why we don't have enough clients yet. In the meantime he has opened a school of which the funding goes from our company. "

Saeed nodded.

He asked, " So, how may I help you? "

Shivraj asked, " Do you have someone? "

" For what? "

Niranjan said, " The one about whom we were talking about. "

Saeed chuckled and shook his head.

" You could have asked me directly. I have people prepared for the job. "

Shankar was with a harlot at a brothel. She was smoking while standing by the window of the room. He tightened his belt as if he was preparing to leave.

She asked, " Are you going to pay the dues? "

He wore his laceless shoes.

" I give you money on monthly basis. Isn't that enough? "

" I am not your maid. I have to earn it daily to buy drinks for my husband. "

He turned to her.

" What kind of husband you have? He has his drinks on your money. Leave him. Come with me. You'll live in a bungalow. "

She huffed.

" Who is going to marry an old lustful man like you? "

" No one concerns about age and character if one has money or power. I have both. "

She kept the cigarette on the window sill and folded her hands.

" Are you going to pay or not? "

Shankar's phone rang which was on the bed. He picked up the phone and attended the call.

He said, " Ahmad, everything good? "

" All good Mr. Shankar. Where is Pandey? "

" Was it urgent? "

" It was a small task Mr. Shankar. It has to be done by night. "

" Oh! I got it. Didn't you have his number? "

" I had forgot to save it when we met last time. "

" Okay. I'll get him informed. "

" By tonight. Please remember it. "

" Sure, I will. "

He hung up the call and looked at the woman who was keep looking at him. He sighed and took out a bundle of cash of his pocket and threw it on the bed.

He spelt some curse words to her while leaving the room. Shankar came downstairs of the brothel and stopped. He took out his cigarette and smoked. He made a call to Devendra Pandey.

Roshan Arya who was in his early sixties was sitting by a lake at late night. He was throwing pieces of bread to the fish. His phone rang. He picked it up and answered.

Chetna asked, " Dad, are you home? "

He hesitated to speak.

" Yes. I am home now. "

" So, why the main gate is locked? "

Chetna was inside her car which was parked by Mr. Roshan's house of which the main gate was locked.

Mr. Roshan didn't answer.

She said, " I thought I should meet you after leaving office. "

" Well, you know Chetna I don't feel like home since your mother is gone. "

" I understand dad that's why Kabir and me are asking you to shift with us. "

" No, Chetna. It won't make things better but will just ruin your private space. And I want to spend my rest of the life in the home. "

" I am listening dad. "

" Where is Kabir? "

" He is still in his office. He has a date in court tomorrow for which he is working on his client papers. "

Mr. Roshan nodded.

She said, " It's Dipti's anniversary on Tuesday. "

" I remember Chetna. I don't have to save the dates as reminder. "

She chuckled.

He said, " I will come to her. "

He hung up the call and looked at the bread packet which had got empty. He put the packet in a dustbin and came to his car where his neck was strangled with a rope by someone behind him. Mr. Roshan fell on the ground.

Devendra Pandey bowed to him to examine his breath. He put his finger before his nose and assured Mr. Roshan's death. He walked away from the site while making a call. A car stopped by him in which he sat on the front seat and left.

PRESENT DAY:

Devendra was accessing his phone while he was in a parked flight. He received a video message in his chat. He looked at the video and then smiled later on.

He received a call from Saeed Ahmad. He attended the call.

He answered, " Yes. Mr. Ahmad. "

Ahmad told him in an astonishment.

" What a wonder is it man? Its a stirring thing. Shall I get it uploaded on media. "

" Not now. The video should have a special screening for a special person. "

Ahmad laughed.

Devendra said, " Get the boy with you Mr. Ahmad. He is prepared to work under you. "

Ahmad chuckled.

" That's the day I was waiting for. "

" Make sure the video should not be leaked in the media before the time. "

Rastogi arrived on his bike by a site under the railway bridge where Amar's dead body was on the driver seat of the SUV. Niranjan was there with Azam and a few cops who were analysing the scene.

He went off his bike. Niranjan turned around and looked at him.

He came to him. He came to him.

Niranjan said, " Are you looking at it what's happening? Sadiq is killed too. Manbir was arrested long ago. "

" Didn't you ask him who did it? "

" No one except the jailer is allowed in his prison. The court has already ordered to get him hanged. "

" Tyagi had called from the school. Someone did come to school at morning to talk about the kidnappings. "

Niranjan went perplexed for a while after listening to him. He turned around and kept looking at Das's body.