Chapter 4: Careless Abandon

From the black space we step through a portal, into a memory of his past. There a younger version of him stood without the beard before me. His hair was black and he just had a bushy mustache sitting above his lip. In a marble domed room, a white robe rested on his shoulders as he kneeled before a council of males who look as he does now. "Bright knight, your orders are as follows: due to fertility issues amongst our clan we leave you with the task to find wombs worthy and capable of holding the mighty. This is a scout mission so you will be gathering data on the matter yourself. If anything comes of your findings, you are to immediately report back to the council. Then you'll be given soldiers to assist you with apprehending the important assets."

He nods. "Order received councilmen." He whips a white glove through the air and steps through a black portal. On the other side of it, his cool grey marbled room awaits him. They want me to acquire fertile females. After years of pushing our mothers to only give birth to the mightiest males. Now with no breeding females, I'm sent on the quest to find what we took for granted. I'll scout the neighboring lands first but most likely... I'll have to travel to other worlds and galaxies to complete this order.

He looks at his palms with these thoughts lingering in his mind. His voice echoes through my mind as what he would do registers in my mind. No bed sat in his room to giveaway what his use for the room was. He whipped his hand through the air once more, and a portal appeared. Instead of the black darkness he found a mountainous grassy place. Just above the valley of this blossoming mountain range filled with life he found a village of beings that didn't look much different from him aside from the fact they were brown not blue. He walked through the portal and saw children running around laughing. Farmers tilling soil and merchants selling their wares on rickety chariots. A pregnant woman mistakenly bumped into him in the market. "Sorry." She said and kept walking. "Lady I hope this doesn't come off as intrusive but may I touch your pregnancy bump?" She nods and giggles.

When he touched her belly he sent an ultrasound wave through her abdomen and the echoes that came back showed a healthy male fetus floating around in a mini sea of purple blood. The ancestors will be proud. This mission is shorter than I thought it'd be.

He notifies the councilmen and in a matter of moments... Tall, lean muscular soldiers with silver robes, black fitted pants and shirts swarm the village. Abducting females into the invisible portals they came from. I didn't expect it to play out like this. Bewildered, he dove through his portal and abruptly interrupted a meeting the councilmen were having.
"Bright knight, you can't teleport in here any time you please because you found a small group of breeding assets. Your mission remains incomplete."
A councilmen said.

" I apologize for my rude entry, but I thought we'd talk to the community and nations we're are taking these fertile wombs from before we-"

"It's pointless to discuss deals with the stupid and the weak. If they seek retaliation, we will welcome it with a crushing blow. Now carry on with your tasks."

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

A blur of scenes passed by us. All the views with similar tragedies. Ladies crying and being carried to unknown places through dark portals.
Look at all of these lands, I have visited... All these lives I have destroyed.

Nations of multiple worlds and galaxies joined forces to take down our powerful army for what we'd done to their societies and we decimated them. Every time they gathered new soldiers, we destroyed them.

His white cloak soiled with dirt of varying shades and blood of varying shades. Soldiers of different shapes telekinetically getting ripped apart before him from the sky to the rough terrain of different planets. It seemed like a never ending intergalactic war. His gloves drenched in sticky blood.

A bright night became crimson. My eyes un-readable. What is the point of all of this? Faces drenched in agony. I tire of the sight of twisted faces, blood, wounds, skulls crushing beneath my feet, and more fighting. A pig headed soldier with glowing armor runs toward him and he pulls a blue flamed sword out of the sheath attached to his belt. "Tssh!" The sword burns a gash right down the abdomen of the foreign soldier. He aims his fiery blade at the sky and lightning touches it. The lightning ricochets back to the clouds above and stretches across the sky. Thunder lightly shakes the ground. When the battle was over, he heard screams of young ladies hidden in nearby places. Run. Runaway from here! Runaway from us! He stabbed the sword into the dirt and blue flames forked out through the land like veins. It made a continent that was once whole, islands floating in a grey sea. Black portals took the few ladies that remained. The sea swallowed the wounded and dead that got caught in the quaked cracks that was ripped apart by the blue flames.

Back on the home front, a councilmen awaited his return with a lady kneeling beside him. "Bright knight you've done more than your share of work. It's time you relax. The council has agreed to give you a reprieve and allow you to focus on your personal life. We hope you enjoy this lady as a gift of our appreciation. We're hoping you sire a male as mighty as yourself." The councilman with a heavy hooded emerald green cloak said.

The councilman left through a black portal. "Please don't hurt or kill me." A tan bald cone headed lady said.

"Why do you think I'd do any of those things?"

"You have blood all over you and you smell like death. Besides... I've seen what the males of this society do to their women and I don't approve." She curls her tan lips back in disgust then looks him up and down with her hazel eyes.

"If you don't want me and don't like my race, then I wouldn't dare trust you with my seed for three months." She smirks.

"Too late lover boy. You know you're smart. Well, smarter than the other males in this place. All of your race is swiftly dying and your children won't live long."

"What are you saying?"

"Poison in the genes... You didn't think your enemies learned your moves and moved one step ahead? If you know you're going to get your breed-able females stolen from your planet, why leave them untainted or not barren?"

"Those fools!"

"Foolish or crazy enough to make a plan that works. All that matters is that we won, right? It doesn't matter how we won." She begins to laugh maniacally and starts spitting up blood.

"Uh oh. I guess our time is up lover boy. I guess I was only allowed to push out one poisoned egg." Her blood flowed out of her mouth and nose until she choked on it.

He teleported to the council they all lay sprawled in the marbled meeting room with their eyes crusted yellow and their hands stuck clutching their chests. "No! No! No! This can't be happening." He said. Everywhere he teleported on his planet, everyone was dead laying still in their varying colored robes.