Chapter 12: Abducted

"You're three months pregnant, Aya." The health physician at the station says to me. Darn it. Soon I'm not going to be able to hide this pregnancy bump. If Dr. Star finds out about my condition he'll immediately take me off the case and send me back to the homeland. "Thanks for the checkup doctor..." I say as I nervously play with the bottom of my sweater. The small medical ward we are in with their bright golden lights and the topical alcohol smell in the cool air does not comfort me.

"Aya, I don't think a lab station is equipped with the tools you need to grow a healthy fetus and deliver a healthy baby. Maybe you should take some time off. Go back home and come back once the baby is here. What do you think?" He says with worry on his face.

I can't do that. I can't do it! Dr. Star will take all the credit for who we found. This could be my one and only big break and way up. I deserve this raise. He didn't find subject zero by himself. Dizziness blurs my vision momentarily and my breaths become shallow. I place my hand on my head. A cold sweat makes my forehead feel damp.

"Maybe you should take it easy today. I think you need bed rest." The physician says. I shake my head and try to stand up from the hospital bed but I just end up fainting. "Beep!" "Beep!" I crack my lids open and white jackets surround me on a gurney with tubes connected to my arms. Their voices garble and faces blurry. Darkness engulfs me again.

I force my heavy eyelids open. I'm in a dimlit lab room surrounded by reptilianoids or humanoid reptilians. Their skin scaly and pale grey or dark green. I scream and an invisible force throws them against the dark stone walls around. They quickly get back to their feet and accelerate towards my direction. I scream more and four translucent, green phantom arms sprout out of my spine and rips them apart. The arms then attach to the walls and fork out beyond the door. They travel through cracks and crevices until they reach the above ground area of this facility. There they burrow into the ice this building is built in and breaks the sheet in half. It uses so much force to break the ice sheet. It bolts into the sky like a rocket beyond the clouds and deep into space. Until it plunges onto the surface of another planet that is pale green. No! What's happening to me? The arms pull the planet. No, leave that planet alone. Just come back to me. The arms then fork across the planet and swallow up every soul of every living being on that planet except the natural souls that inhabit the scenery and make up the environmental landscape on that planet. Oops! I didn't mean to do that. I need to get more control over this. I need to find a trainer for this. Subject zero breaks a hole in the wall of the lab. I stop screaming and the arms slingshot back into my spine. I faint again.

When I open my eyes again, I feel well rested and a jolt of energy surge through me. I hear a sucking sound and look down. A pale blue silver haired baby is suckling on my boob. Is this the baby that they said I was three months along with carrying? Was I in a temporary coma for the remaining months?

Once the baby is done feeding, it rests its head near my cleavage and lazily hugs me. I wrap my arm around it and sit up in this huge, plush; white seetee. I dangle my legs over the edge of it and my toes reach for the floor but I could not find it. That's weird. The floor should be right below. "Stay where you are. You and the baby need as much rest as possible." Subject zero says.

I look around the dark room and find his upper half looking at me from the other side of the huge sofa. White sheets are messily laying between us on the couch. I look up from the sheets and back to him. "I'm no longer tired so I think it's time I went back to the lab." I say and he chuckles.

"You really liked that story, didn't you?" He cocks a brow.

"I'm not subject zero and you're not Dr. Ashtree."

"It felt so real..."

"All dreams should but they are only stories that we made up in our soul diaries."

"Why would we makeup these stories? Why would I make up our child?"

"Oh no, he is real and you actually gave birth to him without disintegrating. I'm really impressed... The souls you interact with in these interactive stories are real. Our reactions and the places we visit are real. Our actions in the stories affect us and all the worlds around us but we are not actually fully existing on any of the realms, planes, galaxies, or dimensions that we visit. Everywhere we go we send our projection and that projection is only one display of a fractured full picture. Do you understand?"

"Not really but in time I'm sure I'll get it."

"I've decided it's best that you stay with me and the baby for a while. So, I'm deleting the Antarctica log you and Dr. Star made." 

"What about our memories of our forbidden romance in the laboratory? What about the memories of how our son was made? What about my projection on Earth that's sleeping? I'm sure I've been away from checking in there too long. They probably think my body is in a coma. I should go back."

"We always keep the memories. You won't be going back there any time soon, and I wrote an interesting reason for your disappearance which will also explain the reason you haven't woken up yet."

"What is it?" He snaps his fingers and a camouflage green book appears with a flourishing ash tree as its emblem on its cover. "This is your book. See the green drawings are the logs you wrote and the blue drawings are the logs I wrote." He says.

I look at the blue drawings he put in my book. It looks like an inverted whirlwind in the sky suctioned up my whole house with me and my mother in it. "Nobody's going to believe that." I say and snicker.

"It's not about what they believe. It's about what is written in the book."

"What do you plan on doing with the house and those avatars?"

He rubs his chin through his beard. "I'm planning on leaving most of your avatars in limbo until I can write a husband avatar for each one your soul possesses. Now that I know you can have my children, I need to raise the amount of times we mate. If we breed together in different galaxies, dimensions, and worlds we'll end up with more children and solve my race's issue."